Greetings! My Buck Shaver

rolondo

As a means of introducing myself, here's my new recently acquired Buck Shaver.

ft007.jpg

ft009.jpg

ft010.jpg

Yo Eddy!

Very nice bike, rolondo. And welcome! Bike looks very good after all those years. Sweet cranks ...they make up a bit for the good, but not entirely FAT level stem.

With that snowy weather: Be sure your Buck's seattube is protected properly. It is sealed, so mosture has a tough time to go in. On the other hand it has also a tough time to go out. Framesaver or such will do it, but you could also put your bike upside down without post after really wet rides.

Enjoy!

rolondo

Thank you sir! I have caught a little grief about the stem. Ah well...it works. I've always been a big fan of Thompson stuff, and although they don't do a 1" stem, I might use one anyway with the shim. they do a 29.4 post, so that's something. Other option is a Salsa or Ritchey stem - 1" versions of those do pop up. If I decide to go the Thompson route, I do realize it doesn't keep the components in the same "era" as the rest. We'll see.

Bssc

Sure show all three pictures here on the high buck shaver and don't bother to even ask me about a stem. :p

B

settemarche

Rollo,

that bike looks great. diggin the cranks and Curve brakes. very smooth. leave the stem - just ride an enjoy.

stay warm,

Sette