Weird FATs

Yo Eddy!

Great frame, the right bits.

Also saw the other bikes you own(ed) - they're like gold to me. Wow!

To me the older FATs are a desirable niche in the already desirable niche that FAT is.

MikeyNYC

Weird Fats...Continued

The weird Fats only get weirder...I just started to build my Blue and White 1990 Wicked Fat Chance and discovered that the rear brake is set up to be either a U-Brake or a Roller-Cam up on the seat stays! Luckily I happened to have one ready to be mounted-Check out the latest photos of the work in progress:

Attachments

• Wicked Fat Frame 090W09 025.JPG
    Wicked Fat Frame 090W09 025.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Wicked Fat Frame 090W09 026.JPG
    Wicked Fat Frame 090W09 026.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 57

MikeyNYC

Weird Fats...

Zook said:
DOPE! Roller cams are fresh!

I always liked the Roller cam better then any other brake for some reason...Also that's a Suntour XC NOT an XC Sport. ;)

Michael-NYC

ridefat

FAT Trials frame

There's a FAT Trials frame and fork on Ebay ending tomorrow. Looks really cool if anyone is interested.

mainlyfats

What a gorgeous bike!

MikeyNYC said:
Here are some photos of my 1988 Fat Chance with a Reynolds 531 Box Crown Fat City fork with a WTB Roller Cam Brake & Brake Bridge:

That's my kind of Fat! Holy crap, did you find it that way or did it require major work?

MikeyNYC

Interesting not "Weird" Fats ;)

10thAnniversaryFat said:
That's my kind of Fat! Holy crap, did you find it that way or did it require major work?

Thanks-This is my favorite bike!

I'm the original owner and I ordered the frame with the Roller-Cam mounts from Fat City in Somerville, Mass and then I put the bike together with my own taste in parts...Those brakes have not gone out of adjustment since the've been on the bike!

Michael-NYC

mainlyfats

Decals?

MikeyNYC said:
Thanks-This is my favorite bike!

I'm the original owner and I ordered the frame with the Roller-Cam mounts from Fat City in Somerville, Mass and then I put the bike together with my own taste in parts...Those brakes have not gone out of adjustment since the've been on the bike!

Michael-NYC

Michael - Did you order it with the old school decals? If I just saw your bike on the street I would swear up and down that it was an 83-85 bike. A Kicker Comp... man o' man I want...

I can't believe I'm lusting after another bike. I just took delivery tonight of an IF Steel Deluxe singlespeed! This really is a sickness.

MikeyNYC

Weird Fats...Continued

10thAnniversaryFat said:
Michael - Did you order it with the old school decals? If I just saw your bike on the street I would swear up and down that it was an 83-85 bike. A Kicker Comp... man o' man I want...

I can't believe I'm lusting after another bike. I just took delivery tonight of an IF Steel Deluxe singlespeed! This really is a sickness.

-----

10thAnniversaryFat,

I actually ordered the frame with no decals and I convinced (after many months of begging) one of my old friends back at Fat City Reggie Jackson, to dig out some of the original decals and he sent them for me to apply myself. I wanted it to look like my first Fat which was a 1984 Team Comp, but it is actually the model that was just called a "Fat Chance" which is why he gave me the decals for it since it was appropriate...

I've already got 2 complete Fats, 1 half done and another frame and fork waiting to be built so I know how you feel...I still get excited when something shows up on eBay!

I guess some people build model airplanes, we build bikes! Good Luck with the IF!

Michael-NYC