Black crankset

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Hiya!

I am looking for a black square taper crankset, ideally the black XT/Deore that was briefly spec'd on Ritchey and others in the late 80s (to early 90s?). But something like Raceface, etc might also be fine depending on price/condition. 175 or 180mm and 110 BCD if possible!!

Alternatively, I have a silver 175mm XT 730 set in really nice shape I could offer in trade. Thanks in advance to anyone who has any leads.

IF52

Hiya!

I am looking for a black square taper crankset, ideally the black XT/Deore that was briefly spec'd on Ritchey and others in the late 80s (to early 90s?). But something like Raceface, etc might also be fine depending on price/condition. 175 or 180mm and 110 BCD if possible!!

Alternatively, I have a silver 175mm XT 730 set in really nice shape I could offer in trade. Thanks in advance to anyone who has any leads.

I have a couple black Raceface turbine sets in nearly new condition. I'd consider trading one for the 730 set. No rings though and I think both are 94mm bdc.

colker

I have a couple black Raceface turbine sets in nearly new condition. I'd consider trading one for the 730 set. No rings though and I think both are 94mm bdc.

what's the BB for those? 107? just curious...

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Thanks for the offer! I will have to think about it, but I could send a pic of my 730 set to see if it'd be to your liking. There is some minor shoe rub, so I couldn't class it as "nearly new" but it looks quite nice.

The only thing holding me back would be the BCD. I've got a 110 ring and bash guard-ish thing lined up to use :)

IF52

Let me go dig out the sets I have. I know the 175s are 94, and basically NOS. I'm not sure what the 180s are but I think 94. I'm post up pics in a bit, either tonight or tomorrow night.

IF52

I dug out both sets and looked and they are actually both 110 BDC. I was confusing these with my ISIS splined sets that are 94.

So, these are both square taper, both black, both 110. One is very good to excellent and the other, the 175mm, is nearly NOS (been mounted on a bike). The 175mm is also the newer style that has built in spacers for the granny so you don't have to buy the 8.3mm chainring spacers.