My 2 Yo eddy bikes - -ride them every week

deitzel

I got lucky enough to snag up some Yo's over the past year. The bikes are simply amazing. I feel like I can take on any downhill with ease riding on it. I had ridden a 91 Marin Rocky Road for many years, along with a 1991 Grove INnovations Hardcore. All of which have been great bikes, but there is something about these Yo's that I just love. And now (17 years later) I can actually afford the bike that I always wanted. Here's some pics for all of you.
13-2041025340M.jpg
13-2040091365M.jpg

deitzel

Oh yeah, the purple one I bought for my girlfriend and the Grello/blue fade is mine. Though I must admit, I'm a bit jealous of how sweet her Yo is!!! We have been riding them about 4 days a week and have hit some killer trails with them.

Butcher

What year are they...in particular the Grello with metallic blue. It looks like my 1990 frame just a size smaller (see post just before your's). I noticed that if the SN ends in a number it's a 1990 as in 91 they switched to letters indicating the size. Either way, if it is a 90 it's geometry is not corrected for a suspension fork. So if you are going to go with suspension, a fork with 63mm or even less would make it handle more like intended. Like an old mag 21 or a Manitou 1 or 2. The fork on it now looks like it has a lot of travel.

Very nice bikes!!

Spray a little JP Wiegles frame saver in the seat tube once and awhile and they will last a lifetime.

deitzel

1991 and 1994

The Grello/blue is a 1991. Handles beautifully as is. I do have a Manitou 2 that I could put on it, but I like the fork on it now. Really bombs on the downhills. The purple metallic is from 1993 or 1994. Both were made in Massachusetts.

deitzel

Here are pics of the Grello Yo and the purple Yo. The purple may be for sale soon if anyone is interested.

And a pic of my Grove Innovations suspension bike which is absolutely amazing.

Attachments

• grove.jpg
    grove.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 63
  • yogrello.jpg
    yogrello.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 77
  • yopurple.jpg
    yopurple.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 83