1987 Yeti

Upchuck

This bike has an interesting history. I picked it up from a local who I met while horseback riding (my wife's passion). It was given to him by a friend named Doug Gloyd; the same Doug Gloyd who created Brave Cycles. Allegedly, Doug was considering going into business with John Parker in the early-mid 80's. Doug received one of the early bikes from Yeti and had it built up with the best. I don't know the reason why, but they parted ways and Doug started Brave Cycles. Later on, Doug passed his Yeti on to the gentleman I met. He rode it for several years and eventually replaced it with an early Specialized M2 hardtail. The Yeti has been in storage since. It shows the expected wear from riding with scratches, but no dents. The paint doesn't show any bubbles from rust. Thankfully, the frame doesn't have any noisy rattling inside either.

Parts list:
Shimano XT cranks w/ Biopace 46T/Onza Buzzsaw 34T/Sakae NINJA 24T
XT 6 spd SIS shifters/XT derailleurs
XT Levers/brakes
Odyssey svelte comp pedals
XT rear Hub w/ FiR M122 rim
XT front Hub w/ Specialized X26 rim
Ritchey bars

84-85_Yeti2.JPG

84-85_Yeti.JPG

84-85_YetiCockpit.JPG

84-85_YetiFork.JPG

84-85_YetiHeadBadge.JPG

settemarche

Upchuck,

what a wonderful find. makes me think that i should actually go out riding with others. maybe i too could luck into a find such as this!

killer bike. rigid. looks cro moly? most likely a FRO?

Sette

Upchuck

Sette,

The frame is Patco Cro Mo tubing. I believe it is a YAK since it has rack eyelets on the rear dropouts. However it doesn't have the rack braze-ons on the seatstays, so it's kind of a mystery.

Upchuck,

what a wonderful find. makes me think that i should actually go out riding with others. maybe i too could luck into a find such as this!

killer bike. rigid. looks cro moly? most likely a FRO?

Sette