Can't decide - Voodoo or Salsa

settemarche

Fellow Coggers,

as our old for all things retro and handmade in the USA maifests itself in trolling on ebay all day long. sometimes mistakes happen. last night i was messing around and just threw a bid in on a Salsa Ala Carte - please see below link.

now the dilema begins. do i keep this Columbus steel Salsa or part it out? do i ride the Salsa and sell my Voodoo Bizango (pics coming this afternoon). do i cherry pick the parts off the Salsa and really deck out my wifes Buckshaver?

as always before making decisions of this magnitude i like to weigh all options. would love to hear the boards thoughts and opinions.

Ciao,

Sette

Attachments

• IMG_2397.jpg
    IMG_2397.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2398.jpg
    IMG_2398.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

bruce t

Hey, I'd at least wait until I got it, and rode it. It looks like a mighty nice bicycle, and without knowing the specific frame geometries, etc on the bikes, I couldn't guess how the two would compare. It does have some nice parts on it, and I'm sure harvesting them would be fun, but???

Is the frame size correct for you? If not, harvest parts and sell the frame. Otherwise, I'd wait and ride this puppy, and see if it captures your heart.

Cheers, bt

(still waiting for pix of the Voodoo....)

settemarche

bruce t said:
Hey, I'd at least wait until I got it, and rode it. It looks like a mighty nice bicycle, and without knowing the specific frame geometries, etc on the bikes, I couldn't guess how the two would compare. It does have some nice parts on it, and I'm sure harvesting them would be fun, but???

Is the frame size correct for you? If not, harvest parts and sell the frame. Otherwise, I'd wait and ride this puppy, and see if it captures your heart.

Cheers, bt

(still waiting for pix of the Voodoo....)
pics are up. good advise. a test ride is definitely in order.