seatpost size

Doug Carter

Staff member
Not unless you plan on turning it on a lathe. Yo Eddy seatposts are [size=-1]29.4 mm.
wink.gif

[/size]

visitor

That is just great... I have an old MOBY seatpost that is striped and need to find a new seat post for my '94 YO. Where can you find a 29.4mm seat post? Please do not tell me Ebay? :(

fat-tony

Staff member
new 29.4

visitor said:
That is just great... I have an old MOBY seatpost that is striped and need to find a new seat post for my '94 YO. Where can you find a 29.4mm seat post? Please do not tell me Ebay? :(

If you want a new seat post and do not mind that it is not period correct (Don't know if you are doing a restore or not) Thompson stills makes a 29.4! Possibly some other companies out there too if you don't that nice of a post, Kalloy?.

http://www.lhthomson.com/elite_features.htm

Yo Eddy!

I acquired a cutom Heylight through Rogolls in Germany. Great post, good price. Already covered this several times on the board. Please use search function.

Another, but less nice way to go is an 27.2 to 29.4 shim. About 2 or 3 dollars. Maybe better also trying a 29.6, as those often offer a tighter fit.

visitor

Thanks for the replies. I went with a Thomson, not doing a correct period restore on this YO. My next one will be more period correct. I can't wait to get back out on this bike!
biggrin.gif