Leslie's purple

FATKiwi

Kia ora from Aotearoa, New Zealand. What a cool site. Cant believe Ive been googling away on Fats and didnt find this site before now. Ive got a 93 Yo and it was totally bastardised when I got it. Still it did have a King HS..so I shouldnt complain. But someone painted it black probably cos they werent in touch with their feminine side and didnt like Leslies purple which I think is thee old colour I can see underneath.

Any ideas where I might get some idea of a colour match. Id love to send it to IF or somewhere but its not really practical from down here.

Cheers
Chris B

bushpig

Vicious Cycles does the paint for IF and seem to know their stuff regarding colors. You might send them an email if you don't get the information you want here. That said, they are a small operation and so might take some time getting back to you. It's worth taking a look at their site though - awesome paint!

MikeyNYC

FATKiwi said:
Kia ora from Aotearoa, New Zealand. What a cool site. Cant believe Ive been googling away on Fats and didnt find this site before now. Ive got a 93 Yo and it was totally bastardised when I got it. Still it did have a King HS..so I shouldnt complain. But someone painted it black probably cos they werent in touch with their feminine side and didnt like Leslies purple which I think is thee old colour I can see underneath.

Any ideas where I might get some idea of a colour match. Id love to send it to IF or somewhere but its not really practical from down here.

Cheers
Chris B

FATKiwi,

If you check out this link:

http://www.fatcogs.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2843&postcount=86

and go look for the photo of my old purple Fat Chance that bike was "Leslie's Purple", just for reference.

Michael-NYC

FATKiwi

Thanks for that Mike....looks close to what I can see under the black but I think it may be a little lighter more mauvey..could just be that its been sanded back. I just assume its Leslies because its a '93 and the First Flight site lists that as a colour?

Cheers from down under

Just attached another photo more like the colour. Ta

Last edited:

fat-tony

Staff member
not leslie's purple

Fatkiwi:
I believe that color you are referring to is "Team Violet" not Leslie's Purple. Do a search on this site with that color. Modelled after some candy bar "Milka"? I just got a call from D&D Cycles today from San Lorenzo, CA that my repaint is ready. It is this Team Violet color and I will post photos once I receive it back. It should take a week or so.

To the best of my knowledge (which ain't much), there is no color code because it was "eye balled". It is a one color spray with a red tint pearl clear coat over the frame to make it look more expensive than it is.

fat-tony

Staff member
Team Violet

Here is a close up of a Shock a Billy in the color. Also Doug Carter's avatar shows his Yo in this color.

Attachments

• color1shock.jpg
    color1shock.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 34

bushpig

fat-tony said:
Also Doug Carter's avatar shows his Yo in this color.

Poor Doug doesn't have a Yo - his avatar shows his dream Yo.
biggrin.gif

fat-tony

Staff member
Doug's Dream Yo

bushpig said:
Poor Doug doesn't have a Yo - his avatar shows his dream Yo.
biggrin.gif

It's really going to hurt when he see's mine finshed ;)
(Closely resembling his, with his permission of course!) :)

rick

the color is indeed Team Violet, I have a Slim and Billy wearing that shade.

The red tint can be difficult to see at first, but it is there. I have never seen a repaint, but would very much like to see your bike after it comes back from D & D

p.s isn't Leslie's purple the dark purple? (same color as First Flight's Wicked). I'm not sure about that though...

MikeyNYC

As far as I know this is/was "Leslie's Purple"

rick said:
the color is indeed Team Violet, I have a Slim and Billy wearing that shade.

The red tint can be difficult to see at first, but it is there. I have never seen a repaint, but would very much like to see your bike after it comes back from D & D

p.s isn't Leslie's purple the dark purple? (same color as First Flight's Wicked). I'm not sure about that though...

Hey Rick,

You do have Team Violet bikes, and as far as I know this bike (see below) is/was "Leslie's Purple" (even though these photos $uck) which was a deep metallic sparkly Purple stock Imron color # 44493, that actually looks a lot like the color surrounding the letter "F" in the "FAT COGS" logo at the upper left of this page!

Dang-it, why did I ever sell this one? :(

Attachments

• PURPLE FAT 4.jpg
    PURPLE FAT 4.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 33
  • FAT8.JPG
    FAT8.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 16
  • FAT7.JPG
    FAT7.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 33

Bssc

Dupont Imron was the paint of choice for Fats, most colors were stock colors, off the color charts.

FATKiwi

hey guys thanks for that..clears it up a whole bunch for me...I want sure what was lurkin under the evil black paint job some munter put on this bike ( complete with runs ) but now I think I know. Ill probably get it painted locally as close as possible to the original. Its great to see so much knowledge

Cheers :D

And Id love to see those pics of your new Team Violet paint job too