ti fat build kicked started...

i've had this frame for some 6 months now and the build was basically stalled from the start with a hard to find part.
anyhow now the longer nights draw in, i've decided the bike's got to be a runner for the spring, hopefully setting myself an achievable deadline. not withstanding i've got to get a bespoke fork built (likley a igleheart segmented with both disc tab and removable studs).
the rest is already sourced. the frame bracket and caliper arrived today, and after work just had enough time for a dry fit-out with a wheel borrowed from another in the garage.
looks good i reckon. the final hub is not chosen yet and the disc will be a none complicated shape.

019.jpg

024.jpg

015.jpg

one thing i've already noted is that the bolt nearest the rear, has to be very short, as the bolt currently dry fitted is 12mm long and bottoming out kissing the frame tube. the lightest fingertip twist can feel the bolt stopping. i'll have to source a shorter caphead bolt.

and the hose routing, was the best comprise of all the methods i chose to meet the caliper. going directly with an in-line connector seems to really strain the hose when using the seatstay eyelet.

any other users with similar Hayes mounts to offer feedback...

cheers alan

Last edited:
what is the coolest vee brake set-up out there?, i'm planning a get out clause with ordering a fork with both methods and the frame has both types of stops. my rims are also non disc jobbies, it's all been factored in...:D

cheers guys, feedback on this matter is most welcomed. Would it be generally accepted that only a Hayes set up would work or be correct for this frame. The frame has been supplied with a Hayes brakeset although the rear caliper is not the 22mm bolt type. This could easy be fixed by snagging that correct caliper. not wishing to throw money down the drain, what rear rotor would be required and what hose type and fittings does the older Hayes stuff require. Also that 22mm Hayes caliper does look like it throws the hose downwards first. Any pics out there of other FC + Hayes combos...

cheers alan