New Groovy 29er!

jman950

Hey All,

I had Rody restore and repaint my 91 Monster and was so impressed I had him build a 29er for me.

I went out on a limb for a retro bike guy like me with 29" wheels, a Rohloff Speedhub and Magura disc brakes.

It turned out to be a great fit and ride as I was going for something more upright that I could ride the few miles on road to local trails and dirt roads.

I went up the the Handmade Bike Show in Indianapolis to meet Rody and pick up the bike.

Rody is an awesome guy and the show was like a giant bike candy store. I tried not to stay too long since I already had a dream bike.

I got my first ride on Saturday and it rode great. I am really pleased with the Rohloff and the disc brakes. I am not sure I could go back to canti / rim brakes.

Here are some pics of the Groovy and one of my Monster

Spec:

Frame / Fork - Groovy Big Wheel with Ho-down fork
Drivetrain - Rohloff Speedhub 14 speed
Crank - White Industies - ENO
Brakes - Magura Marta SL
Seatpost / Stem - Thomson
Rims - Mavic 29er
Bar - Groovy Luv Handle
Shifters - only the Rohloff grip type shifter

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 40

laffeaux

I love the pain on that one!! His blog picutres of the paint are really nice. :)

I received my 650B bike from Rody just a few weeks ago, and I'm also very happy with it. :)

jh4rt

Congrats

Very Very nice. I have one too... A big wheel, set up for Rohloff, but running it SS for now. Love it...

-j