Eddy’s Hair Style, Black Eye & Plaster … ?

WD Pro

Hi,

I am hoping someone with original graphics can help us out …

I am sourcing graphics from my 92 Yo rebuild and I have noticed that the little Eddy’s are (sometimes) reversed / mirrored from the big Eddy on the head tube ?

Is this normal ? I have looked on various pictures and seen them both ways – but from pictures, I don’t know if I am looking at original graphics or reproductions ?! :confused:

I also noticed that the orientation of them on the forks seems to alter ? Again I don’t know if this is something they did in the factory / painter dependent etc or if I am looking at original / reproduction ? :confused:

Same question about little Eddy’s popping up in other locations – non drive side seat stay etc ?

Any help appreciated :cool:

WD :)

My decals are original, and here is how they look.

Headtube - Black eye left, bandaid right
Top of each fork - Reversed from head tube
Seat stays - Reversed from head tube, consistent with top of forks

Any other decals I may have had are long gone, or this is all I had to begin with, I cannot remember

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
D04F7BBD-E52E-4AF0-9E76-ACFC851EFC09-1997-000001BBD460FB48_zpsb54012cc.jpg

1991 Yo Eddy. Original decals but fork isn't original to the frame. The way the fork is stickered is the same as the original fork was stickered, however.

On both this fork and the original fork the Yo Eddys weren't reversed from the head tube, just smaller. Mohawks pointing to the right. The little Yo's 'hawk on the seat stay is pointing to the left.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Also, all the original/unrepainted forks I have owned had the Yo Eddy logos oriented outward, as depicted above. But YMMV.

WD Pro

It does make me wonder ... :p

Thanks for the input guys, seems like I might have been sat on the answear all along ... :redface:

I was aking as I was about to buy decals and spotted a difference in suppliers - I have gone with VeloCals offering though :cool:

WD Pro

I now have a set of these gloves for sale if anyone is interested ?

They are not NOS but they are very good and very clean etc :cool: (especially considering the practical colour scheme … :p)

One has had a professional repair – the white edging tape had started to come away on a small section.

Drop me a pm and I will snap a few pictures.