What to do now?

smittylube

SO I am getting really fired up about my wicked and was thinking about a repaint or touchup.

It is black & I sure like some of the other rides I see. I am the original owner and have treated it with care its whole life.
It has been well ridden over the years and is still in awesome shape IMO.

I found the serial #, but see lots of rock chips on the underside, at some of the cable guides, and a slight bit on the edge of the salsa stem.

I have a new/ used FS bike I have been riding but want to ride this again.. (my FC pedals ended up on my new bike)

If I was to repaint what kind of paint is good to use?
Also I think another color than black might be in order?

Also are the yo models much more valuable than the wickeds? I see some really trick titaniums for sure.

Any suggestions?fat1.jpg

Steve

Upchuck

Do NOT repaint it. If there's no reason to suspect frame damage from rust or a major wreck, keep the original paint intact. She's worth a ton more to any discerning collector if you ever decide to part with it in the future.

Just clean her up and ride.

smittylube

Thanks you just saved me from a ton of work :)

It has the biopace gears on it. I think I might paint the forks the yellow like the originals ones.. I think that would look killer. and like East coast steve did I could swap out the cables for yellow! good idea?

Steve