New to site old to Fat City Cycles

JWS5

Just found this website, thought I was the only one out there with a Fat City Cycle. It felt that way since I have never come across a fellow owner in along time. I feel that once they lelt Mass. that was the end of the true Fat City bikes. I had the luck to touring the manufacturing plant in Sommerville in the late 80's early 90's. All the bikes were made by hand and with great pride. Some of these employees later started Merlin and the ones who did not relocate to New York when Serotta bought them out start the firm Handbilt or Handmanufactured (not 100% sure of that name)
I have owned my Yo Eddy since the early 90's, it is the original Metalic Blue (Dupont Minron was the paint they used for this color) It is completely set up with the offroad Campy componants. The original wheels in the beginning of Fat City were farmed out to a gentleman in my town by the name of Chris White. The rims still have all the original stickers. The bike is in like new condition, not a scrath or dent anywhere. I took off the fork in the beginnig and replaced it with a Judy Rock shock. The original 1" fork is still in the box also in like new condition. I have in my collection an original new Fat City frisbee, logo waterbottles, t-shirt, baseball cap and a plastic case containing Fat City logo bandades.
I will post pictures if anyone is interested. Just so please that there are people out there that still appreiacte a great mountain bike with a great past.

younggeoff

yoeddy

Like wise if you're ever tempted to sell the forks, if they're for an ML even better. Anyway get some pics of all you're gear up on the site.

Cheers, GEoff.

Spikes

Well...... show us the merchandise! That Yo with Campy bits sound like a dream bike! I am curious how it looks. Good you finally found a bunch of co-owners.

JWS5

This weekend I will take som pics and post. I think I still have an original catalog and bill of sale.