NEW ACQUISITION: Box Crown Fork Content

vintagerider

Just came Home with an almost complete build.

Havent determined if it is a Team Comp or a Kicker yet. I believe the main differences are the Team Comp is set up for Cantis (Which this has) while the Kicker is set up for RCs. The other difference is the HT angle which I havent looked at as of yet.

Doesnt matter either way...still very happy.

Sorry about the teaser cell phone pic.

I am now in the market for a higher end period correct Saddle, Post, Hite-rite, Brakes and wheelset to complete the build. (BTW..if you have any things of interest please let me know as I have LOTS and LOTS to trade and am motivated!)

Anyways...here it is.....
She should clean up beautifully.

BoxCrown.jpg

chainline

I may have a wheel set that is period for this. will check In the morning.. this era is so rad.. just love box crown forks.. nice score !

Last edited:

vintagerider

Thanks Guys
Can't wait to get it rolling

Funny thing.... I went rummaging through my bin and found a new box with a brand spanking new Suntour 26.4 post

I don't even know when or where I got it?!?!

Think I have a few appropriate saddles also

Just need some f&r rear brakes and wheels....
Chainline did you happen to locate the Wheelset?

vintagerider

Here is an update....
Not very pleased with my progress to date
Haven't been able to locate wheels or brakes so I cannabalized a set of Bullseye hubs
And threw on a Turbo saddle

Am still looking for brakes and would like another Wheelset so the Bullseyes can go back to their more appropriate home

Anyone have anythiing?
8afb7932.jpg

chainline

Thanks Guys
Can't wait to get it rolling

Funny thing.... I went rummaging through my bin and found a new box with a brand spanking new Suntour 26.4 post

I don't even know when or where I got it?!?!

Think I have a few appropriate saddles also

Just need some f&r rear brakes and wheels....
Chainline did you happen to locate the Wheelset?

I have the rear wheel in my hands I need to locate the front. I will check the house this afternoon, sorry for the wait.