My new pony

Upchuck

I just acquired this new ride for the stable. Well, new to me. It's a 1989 Wicked Fat. The story goes something like this: the original owner was a bike dealer who purchased the frame from Fat City as an unpainted frame. He sent it to Cycle Art to have a custom job done and put the build together himself. If this is accurate, the bike hasn't seen one lick of dirt since it was born. Either way, I'm ecstatic about it and can't wait to ride it.

I'll register it asap on the official board. It currently has the following specs:

18" frame painted British Racing Green by Cycle Art
Ritchey Logic Crankset
Deore XT F&R derailleurs
SIS shifters
Ritchey Logic brake levers/calipers
Bullseye hubs w/ 231 rims
GEAX tires
Salsa stem
XT headset
Scott bars
American Classics post
Vetta Lite seat
Ringle skewers and seat binder

I'm not a huge fan of the Scott bars so I'll probably put a Fat Chance flat bar on instead. The one I have is baby blue so I'm thinking of having it painted black w/ white lettering. Anyone know what color options were available for the Fat bar?
WickedFatChanceSideView.JPG

WickedFatChanceHeadTube.JPG

WickedFatChanceBrakeShifter.JPG

WickedFatChanceDownTube.JPG

WickedFatChanceSeatTube.JPG

WickedFatChanceDriveSideCrank.JPG

WickedFatChanceRearBrake.JPG

WickedFatChanceFrontHub.JPG

Spikes

That looks amazing. I wonder what it will look like with skinwall tires though. Have fun with it!

settemarche

Robitron,

that bike looks excellent. nice off color, not something seen everyday. i am also liking the Ritchey parts. kind of a nice spec for back in the day.

enjoy,

Sette

I just acquired this new ride for the stable. Well, new to me. It's a 1989 Wicked Fat. The story goes something like this: the original owner was a bike dealer who purchased the frame from Fat City as an unpainted frame. He sent it to Cycle Art to

Bssc

Fat bars were type 3 black anno yours may have seen to much Uv rays and has faded to a purple/ blue not uncommon at all.

Upchuck

Fat bars were type 3 black anno yours may have seen to much Uv rays and has faded to a purple/ blue not uncommon at all.
This bar is definitely a light baby blue and not due to color fade. Maybe it was a repaint?