87 fat chance

bayareafat

Here is my bike. I remember the day I bought it. Purchased on Haight Street in San Francisco when I was in college. It's hard to believe this is a 19 yr old bike. All original.

Enjoy!

Mike

Attachments

• DSC03650.JPG
    DSC03650.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC03651.JPG
    DSC03651.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 89

MikeyNYC

bayareafat said:
Here is my bike. I remember the day I bought it. Purchased on Haight Street in San Francisco when I was in college. It's hard to believe this is a 19 yr old bike. All original.

Enjoy!

Mike

Mike,

Very nice to see a classic like that fully intact, do you happen to recall what you paid for that bad boy back in 1987? I'm just curious, so if you don't feel like divulging that info, no problem or obligation to do so.

Also, welcome to the FatCogs, although you're obviously a senior member in spirit after owning that bike for 19 years!

Michael-NYC

bayareafat

$1024.00 to be exact if my memory serves me correct. At the time it was more money than I spent on my car. The bike was well used and I hammered up some big hills. Single track was my favorite. I was at a outdoor concert a couple years ago at a neighborhood park. One of my old friends saw the bike parked and knew I had to be there. I'll try to take a couple more pictures close up and register the frame. I'm glad people are enjoying these bikes. I was always proud of my bike in the day.

Mike

MikeyNYC

bayareafat said:
$1024.00 to be exact if my memory serves me correct. At the time it was more money than I spent on my car. The bike was well used and I hammered up some big hills. Single track was my favorite. I was at a outdoor concert a couple years ago at a neighborhood park. One of my old friends saw the bike parked and knew I had to be there. I'll try to take a couple more pictures close up and register the frame. I'm glad people are enjoying these bikes. I was always proud of my bike in the day.

Mike

Mike,

That's a cool story thanks for the info, you've certainly gotten your moneys worth out of the bike after all these years!

Here's one thing that confuses me - You parked that bike at a concert and it didn't disappear? ;) ?

Please post your serial # in the registry for all to peruse!

Regards,

Michael-NYC