Squealing Brakes - Paul Motolites on Yo Fork

Butcher

To my dismay my new Paul Motolite Linear pull (vbrake) brakes don't agree with my Yo Eddy fork. I've had great luck using these Motolites with other combinations but I cannot get the fronts to not squeal like crazy- back brakes work awesome. This is not a little chirp either, but a bone chilling, they can hear me 5 miles away kind of squeal. I think it has something to do with how high the brake posts are mounted on the fork, so you end up with the pad mounts very close to the bottom of the brake arm, resulting in to much mechanical advantage...at least that is what the guys at Paul told me. I tried a brake booster, running the pads with lots of toe in, running the pads backwards, running a different set of pads, switching out the wheels, switching out the housing (from nokon to housing with compression). The only thing that changed was the pitch of the squeal.

Has any one else had any luck with this combination?

I've had good luck with Avid SD 7's on the front of my Yo in the past so I know I can make those work and they are cheap to buy. I've been wondering if a set of Avid Ultimates would work since those are a nice upgrade from the SD7? I'd be interested to hear what other combinations of linear pull or V-Brakes have been run without squeal on a Yo Eddy Fork. Of couse a set of cantis would work fine but the difference in power is so significant that I'm going to stick with a linear pull set up of some kind.

Butcher

Well the Avid Ultimates work fine with the Yo Eddy fork so that problem is solved.

I'll have a nearly new (two rides) set of Paul Motolites on eBay as sson as I find the time to get them listed.