Suspension corrected???

bruce t

Hey dudes and dudettes,

What exactly does this mean? Did Fat change frame angles and dimensions to accommodate the suspension, and if so by how much?

My main squeeze is an '89 Wicked which is obviously un-corrected -- rides beautifully on tight twisties, etc.

My second squeeze is a '93 Buck with a Vicious fork. The crown-to-tire distance is a lot bigger (410 vs 385, iirc), but that's just the fork. What it does do (seemingly) is lift the front of the bike, raise the BB height, etc., things which I'm yet to be convinced that I like (the Buck seems squirrelly compared to the Wicked).

For you guys who have both, do you prefer suspension corrected geometry or non-suspension corrected geometry, with rigid forks? What happens if you put a 385mm fork on a SC bike? Anybody tried it? (I noticed in another post that Colker didn't like his Wicked with the Vicious fork, liked it much better with the stock Wicked fork)....

Just musing about handling differences between the two bikes in the stable....

Cheers, bt

colker

Hey dudes and dudettes,

What exactly does this mean? Did Fat change frame angles and dimensions to accommodate the suspension, and if so by how much?

My main squeeze is an '89 Wicked which is obviously un-corrected -- rides beautifully on tight twisties, etc.

My second squeeze is a '93 Buck with a Vicious fork. The crown-to-tire distance is a lot bigger (410 vs 385, iirc), but that's just the fork. What it does do (seemingly) is lift the front of the bike, raise the BB height, etc., things which I'm yet to be convinced that I like (the Buck seems squirrelly compared to the Wicked).

For you guys who have both, do you prefer suspension corrected geometry or non-suspension corrected geometry, with rigid forks? What happens if you put a 385mm fork on a SC bike? Anybody tried it? (I noticed in another post that Colker didn't like his Wicked with the Vicious fork, liked it much better with the stock Wicked fork)....

Just musing about handling differences between the two bikes in the stable....

Cheers, bt

my wicked is 93 and it felt like a sinking boat w/ the vicious fork. thing is, the wicked is made for a fork w/ a 1.75 in rake while the yo and buck have the 1.5 rake. the vicious fork is tall but has the 1.5 rake.