Spare Yo / Fat parts

tvcreative

The pully is a standard device, check www.crossworld.com

the brake studs are another story, They are ACME threaded and scarce. I was fortunate enough to have I-ROBOT hook me up with a few spares from the last of the last in the bottom of his tool box. (many thanks Scott)

From info pulled from this site, they (acme threaded posts) were made by paragon for FC.

perhaps something you can have a machine shop make for you...

both of your issues stopped me on a build for 2 months, so I feel your frustration.

mkozaczek

Fortunately I have all the old parts, but they could be, well... nicer. But that can be helped if I can't source new ones.

tvcreative

yep...but you may have issues with the screw being to long for your blind holed pulley mount.

sometimes you can use the old one.

tvcreative

not sure how a brake stud goes bad if you still have them on the frame.

If they are rusty, use/cut scotchbrite in a strip, and wrap the post and draw back and forth to clean the gunk off...(same motion as polishing a shoe with a cloth).

you can run a tap in them to clean out the threads, make sure to use oil of some sort while doing it...

re-grease and your good to go...

not sure how a brake stud goes bad if you still have them on the frame.
I just broke one too while trying to remove it from a 1993 Yo Eddy Frame. One side unscrewed no problem. The other side started to come out and then snapped in half; half of it still in the frame. It may be time for a disc brake upgrade on that frame :tire:

mkozaczek

So it turns out our studs are 5/16" x 18 tpi, which is really close to M8 x 1.25 or 1.0.

I'm going to try run the die over some new M8 studs and see how they get along.

tvcreative

I just broke one too while trying to remove it from a 1993 Yo Eddy Frame. One side unscrewed no problem. The other side started to come out and then snapped in half; half of it still in the frame. It may be time for a disc brake upgrade on that frame :tire:

sorry to hear that....

some times it pays to leave well enough alone...

perhaps someone replaced the originals on the bike?

try a drill and an easy out, maybe you can get it cleaned up enough to put a new/old one back in

otherwise, why not have someone rebraze new paragons in it's place?

cheap and fast...and closer to the original.

disc could work too...but i would consider adding a brace between the stays...