Fat City Cycles Frame Registry

mdcmoto

Frame type: Yo Eddy
Frame number: YO SM 421
Year of manufacture: 1995
Frame size: SM
Color: Sapphire Fade
Owner name: Mark

Bought by one of my friends in 1995 as a frame, it has gone through many different parts through the years. Sitting in his garage, not being ridden anymore, he didn’t want it to go to waste. Made me an offer I couldn’t refuse and I put it back together with the following parts.

XTR M950
Cranks 46/34/24t
V-brakes
Brake Levers
Rear Derailleur
Front Derailleur
Gripshift Attack 8spd shifters
XT M737 8spd Cassette 11-28t
ControlTech
Stem
Seatpost
Skewers
Ritchey
ProLite Handlebars[/FONT]
Front Wheel - Rock WCS Rim, Ritchey Hub
Rear Wheel – OCR Pro, Ritchey Hub
ZMax WCS Tires
Grips
Sella Italia Flite Saddle
Rock Shox SID Fork
Cane Creek S6 Headset

Attachments

• 95_yo_eddy_15.jpg
    95_yo_eddy_15.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 95_yo_eddy_1.jpg
    95_yo_eddy_1.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 95_yo_eddy_3.jpg
    95_yo_eddy_3.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 25

MikeyNYC

1984 Fat Chance # 118

Here is my latest Fat which has an interesting history behind it; It was custom ordered by an older gentleman from NYC way back in 1984 who called Chris Chance directly to ask him to make the frameset and then personally pick out the parts for him, Chris also built it up and then even drove it down from Somerville himself to deliver it to the guy on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and then for various reasons the bike literally sat unridden for the next 24 years...It's extremely mint and is one of the nicest of the old school original Fat Chances that I've ever come across, as it has virtually no mileage on it...There's more to the story, as far as how I wound up with it, but here are some crappy photos for now:

Attachments

• FAT 84 118 IMG_0016.jpg
    FAT 84 118 IMG_0016.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 36
  • FAT 84 118 IMG_0019.jpg
    FAT 84 118 IMG_0019.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 30
  • FAT 84 118 IMG_0018.jpg
    FAT 84 118 IMG_0018.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 37
  • FAT 84 118 IMG_0013.jpg
    FAT 84 118 IMG_0013.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 39
  • FAT 84 118 IMG_0011.jpg
    FAT 84 118 IMG_0011.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 32
  • FAT 84 118 IMG_0010.jpg
    FAT 84 118 IMG_0010.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 31
  • FAT 84 118 IMG_0005.jpg
    FAT 84 118 IMG_0005.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 38
  • FAT 84 118 IMG_0004.jpg
    FAT 84 118 IMG_0004.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 25
  • FAT 84 118 IMG_0003.jpg
    FAT 84 118 IMG_0003.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 36
  • FAT 84 118 IMG_0001.jpg
    FAT 84 118 IMG_0001.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 55

rody

WOW Mike, that is a gem:D
Now I want to hear the back story on how you unearthed it!

cheers,

rody

Upchuck

Mike, that thing is almost too painful to look at, it's so beautiful. You've set the bar high for the definition of "garage queen".

MikeyNYC

84 Fat

WOW Mike, that is a gem:D
Now I want to hear the back story on how you unearthed it!

cheers,

rody

Thanks Rody! I will have to send you an e-mail later in the week because I saw your awesome forks and wanted to ask you some questions about possibly restoring my 1983 Fat Chance which is in rather crusty shape but I don't know if you can duplicate those old decals?
In a nutshell a friend of mine owned a bike shop in NYC from 1990-98(?) and the original owner of this 1984 Fat was a nice older gentleman who got the bike new in 84' from Chris Chance but the man was in a bad accident like a week after he got it that prevented him from ever riding the bike, so it just sat until he brought the bike into my friend's shop for a "cleaning and tune up" in like 1995 and he told the story about how he bought it and never used it and they were very careful to clean and adjust the bike and put it up on a high shelf to store it, which is where I first saw it 12+ years ago...My friend called the man to tell him that the bike was ready and then called him again every few months but he never picked it up! A few more years went by and my friend was closing up his shop in late 1998 and made a final call to the man who finally said that he was too old to ride it and that he no longer needed it, so he told my friend to just keep it! I lost touch with my friend after the shop closed and he left the city but we recently reconnected and it turns out that this was one of the only things that he saved from his old bike shop and he had it all wrapped up in storage and after all those years and a few months of discussing it we finally arrived at a deal so I went out to his house and picked it up last week and here it now sits in 2008 still mostly NOS. It's really unique and as far as I know there's most likely not another Fat Chance of this era in such original condition, please let me know if there is! ;) It reminds me very much of the very first Fat Chance that I ever saw which was probably in late 1983 or 1984 in Central Park...same color too! It's a bit small for me but I honestly don't know if I'll really be riding it, I've got a few others that I can ride, this one is just like art work to me.

MikeyNYC

84 Fat

Mike, that thing is almost too painful to look at, it's so beautiful. You've set the bar high for the definition of "garage queen".

Thanks a lot, but what exactly do you mean by "Garage Queen"?
This one is in my living room ;)

Upchuck

Well the garage I had pictured in my mind has Berber carpeting, a fully stocked mahogany wet bar, 60 inch plasma, and a leather Barcalounger.

Thanks a lot, but what exactly do you mean by "Garage Queen"?
This one is in my living room ;)

MikeyNYC

84 Fat

Well the garage I had pictured in my mind has Berber carpeting, a fully stocked mahogany wet bar, 60 inch plasma, and a leather Barcalounger.

That sounds like an appropriate surrounding for this bike, even though everyone knows that this bike probably rides really great and begs to be covered in mud, but that's probably not going to happen simply because I have other bikes to use to for that...

BikeMojo

jh4rt said:
Frame type (Yo!, Wicked, etc.): Yo!
Frame number: YO M 2513
Year of manufacture: 1999
Frame size: M
Color (original and repainted, if applicable): Black
Location (city, state, country):
Newbury Park, CA USA
Owner name: Jim Hart
Photo, if possible:

I am now the proud owner of this Yo! I added a NIB Igleheart Big One Inch fork, and some 3DV stuff...

Frame type (Yo!, Wicked, etc.): Yo!
Frame number: YO M 2513
Year of manufacture: 1999
Frame size: M
Color (original and repainted, if applicable): Black
Location (city, state, country):
San Antonio, TexaSS USA
Owner name: aLaN
Photo, if possible:

1_FrameSm.jpg.jpg

1_ForkSm.jpg.jpg

1_BikeSm.jpg.jpg

Shifters: SRAM Attack 2x8 Gripshift
Front Der: Shimano FD M950 with differential plate
Rear Der: Shimano RD M951 low normal
Cranks: Cook Brothers Racing E2
BB: RaceFace Taperloc
Stem/Seatpost: Thompson
Bars: Titec 118
Wheelset: CK/DT Swiss 3X/Bontrager Valiant

21.6lbs

Simply the best bike I have owned.

Joe Steel

Hi, This is my first post. And -- this is my first experience with Fat Chance bikes. Now I'm totally infatuated. So far, I've collected an MBA review article, the 1990 catalog pdf files, and registered here. Would love any and all information specific to this model and year.

Had her out on the trail yesterday and had a blast. The bike handles wonderfully.

Frame type : Yo Eddy Team
Frame number: 034Z07
Year of manufacture: 1990
Frame size: M (17")
Color (original and repainted, if applicable): Repainted (I believe) Metalic Blue / Grello
Location (city, state, country): California, USA
Owner name: Joe
Photo, if possible:

Full Suntour XC pro w/grease guard build. Will need a few decals from Rody if they're still available. Please let me know if I've mis-stated anything. As I said, this Fat thing is all new to me.

Cheers~
Joe

Attachments

• IMG_0248.JPG
    IMG_0248.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0246.JPG
    IMG_0246.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 42

AB

90 Yo

Nice bike - been looking for one of those myself. I believe the paint is original. Enjoy it!

peter7256

Database

Frame type: Fat Chance Yo Eddy
Frame number: 136Y4ML
Year of manufacture: 1994
Frame size: M/L
Color: Aquamarine fade
Owner name: Peter Krus

Attachments

• Yo.Eddy.jpg
    Yo.Eddy.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 13