Color questions Yo Eddy

mauricer

hi guys,

i have the 1994 Yo Eddy "Sapphire Fade from the bottom up"

large_Foto.JPG

Now as you can see it is only the frame. The fork is black and is currently with a painter, who is trying to see how close he can get.

My question is: Is there any way to find out the original colors used on this paint scheme?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Moritz

jpicard616

I asked that same question a few months ago and didn't get a response. The best advise I can give is to just start flipping through paint swatches and compare them with your frame. The bike will look great as long as the colors are close enough, and the fade is done right.

fat-tony

Staff member
I think that back in the day a lot of the paint was mixed by hand from one painter to the other so there are slight differences in the colors. Safest thing would be for you to send your frame to the painter so they can match it, if you could spare the extra cost in shipping charges.

Obi Miller was a Fat City Sponsered rider who made the cover of Mountain Bike Action with his Black Yo Eddy back in the day. Fat City replaced the stolen black Yo with a '95 Saphire Fade one which my friend Greg recently bought. This color is amazing; especially when you get it out in the sunlight with it's metalic flake! I have a Chris Chance Road frame in this color & love it!

mauricer

Thanks for the answers. I believe my painter will achieve a very close result, just thought there would at least be some info about the original color codes out there.

Weirdly enough, it happens with a lot of brands from back in the days ... contacting them (provided they still exist) they seem to have erased their golden history.