Looking for fork builder for my '96 Yo Eddy

Rhan61

I just recently aquired a '96 Yo Eddy in Chameleon Fade,It came without the rigid fork.:(
I'm seriously considering putting a segmented steel rigid fork back on it.
I've been researching various builders such as Ingelhart,Strong,Planet X.
My Yo has a 1" headtube,I would like to go threadless.
Who do You guys recommend & Why?Thanks.

I just recently aquired a '96 Yo Eddy in Chameleon Fade,It came without the rigid fork.:(
I'm seriously considering putting a segmented steel rigid fork back on it.
I've been researching various builders such as Ingelhart,Strong,Planet X.
My Yo has a 1" headtube,I would like to go threadless.

I have compared the Ingelhart fork side-by-side with an original Yo Fork & found the welds to be much more beautiful on the original Yo Fork. Not sure why this was considering Chris Ingelhart worked at FCC. My :twocents:.

mainlyfats

I have compared the Ingelhart fork side-by-side with an original Yo Fork & found the welds to be much more beautiful on the original Yo Fork. Not sure why this was considering Chris Ingelhart worked at FCC. My :twocents:.

Interesting... I had an Igleheart cross fork and it to wasn't exactly "pretty". Never a moment's doubt that could perform and was durable though.

I'd recommend him for a bike you actually want to ride any day. If it's more a trophy, maybe you should talk to someone like Bob Brown.

I'm also pretty sure that Geekhouse do a similar fork. They only have a price for a segmented disc fork for mtb, but I can't imagine it'd be a problem for them to build a Yo replica fork.

You might add Waltworks to your list as well. Walt makes a segmented fork.

yo_eddy2001

Just had a fork made by Christopher for my Yo. I can't say how it compares to the original, but it doesn't look like the welds were ground similar to those on the frame; if that tells you anything. I'm not concerned at all. This fork will never be ridden, but I wouldn't have any concerns riding it hard.

I had the frame and fork painted by Leni Fried and it will be retired and hang on the wall. Even though the welds are a bit rougher than the frame, it is hardly noticeable and doesn't detract from the bike at all.

I need to get some good light, but I'll post up some pics in the next few weeks. Biased though I may be, it is one of the coolest paint jobs I have ever seen. ;)

nader

A german guy builds very nice rigid forks

yo-eddy278.jpg

Rhan61

FYI,just scored a 1" threadless Tange Switchblade fork on EBay.I'll post up some pics of my build soon.:)