Celebrating 30 Years of FAT! - Official Party by Chris Chance & Wendyll Behrend

YoKris

Hey Guys!

In the name of Chris Chance and Wendyll Behrend I'd like to invite all of you to the official "Celebrating 30 Years of FAT!" - Party!

Following the official invitation letter:

If you remember Stan, the Mud Man, our Blah Blah Blah T, taped splatter paint jobs, midnight rides down urban escalators or the Wendell State Forest races, you might like to know what’s happening the last weekend of September 2012.

We’re throwing a party!

In celebration of thirty years of Fat Chances being ridden on the planet we’re inviting everyone who’s ever ridden one and all of our old friends from the bike industry!

Just imagine two and a half days of rides and festivities in the Stowe, Vermont area, beginning on Friday afternoon, September 28, 2012 and lasting until we say our goodbyes on Sunday, September 30th. Mingling with old friends and making new ones, sharing stories and riding our bikes.

Please put the dates on your calendar and visit our Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fat-City-Cycles-Fat-Chance/292417627522710

Let us know whether you can come, whether you’d like to volunteer and whether you have any special skills that can help us throw the best party under the full moon that weekend.

Here’s to the best Fat City party ever! We look forward to seeing all of you!

Chris & Wendyll

Addendum:

Here’s what we’re planning:
  • Organized bike rides on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
  • A Saturday evening outdoor barbeque with bonfire
  • Storytelling by the old guys – that means names you’ll recognize Yo Eddy! Tattoo competition
  • Prizes for Chris Chance’s choices of top five most fabulous vintage bikes, FAT and non-FAT categories
  • Auction of at least one of our unique and prized vintage FATs from the barn
Here’s what we need from you:

• An RSVP registration to our Facebook event page with your details & contact info.
  • $25 per person by PayPal in advance or cash at the door, to cover food, drinks and entertainment – that way, we can offer the right stuff, if the party gets really big.
  • Volunteers! Tell us whether you might like to help, once you get here!
And, we need a logo for the party. If you think you’ve got it in you, please email chris.friedrich@gmail.com your ideas. We welcome submissions until August 1st, when Chris Chance will make his selection for our event logo and you will, of course!, get special recognition.

live slow, ride fast, think FAT
//chris

jbrannsten

Staff member
This is cool... I happen to be in the US at the time, only in Florida. Must see if I can get away for this event:confused:

^ as above, what is the nearest airport and what accomodation could be recommended in the area.

i think i've just started a costings spreadsheet...:)

^ as above, what is the nearest airport and what accomodation could be recommended in the area.

BTV Airport (Burlington International Airport) is closest. I would imagine some folks will fly into Boston Logan & drive up. I am currently looking into some rental houses close by. I will find out things like proximity & how many guests can stay in a house to keep the costs down & the fun levels high!

I will also look into camping in the area.

Jon

BTV (Burlington International Airport) is closest.

Some of us are looking into renting some large houses nearby. If folks rent houses & divi-up the cost we figured this would be a fun way to do it. Here is one site that has houses close-by.
beckwithrentals.com
If interested in sharing in a rental house speak up we can start to group up.

Here is a campground close by.
https://mountainviewcamping.com/

The reunion is most likely going to take place on a farm in Morrisville, VT which is 1 town over from Stowe.

Jon

Last edited:

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I wish this had been before I carted all my bikes to California.
Still....tempted to make the trek!

John

Administrator
Staff member
Should be an awesome event.

We ought to get a roll call going of which FatCOGers will be there.

wickedwillie

I live near Burlington (a couple minutes from the airport, and 40 or so from Stowe). If anyone needs any logistical assistance, a place to ship/store bikes, or just has questions about the area, I might be able to help-feel free to ask here or just drop me a PM.

grd

Spoken with my wife, and she thinks it would be a nice holiday, so just looking at booking flights now for a week in Vermont. Taking a couple of bikes as I can't have her riding a Klien at this event.....

Spoken with my wife, and she thinks it would be a nice holiday, so just looking at booking flights now for a week in Vermont. Taking a couple of bikes as I can't have her riding a Klien at this event.....

This is great! Really glad to see folks coming from accross the 'pond'!