• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Earl Bob's Team Yo and Shock-A-Billy - any interest?

IF52

EDIT If you haven't figured it out already, go to the second page for a detailed list of what Earl has for sale

My friend Earl Walker Jr., AKA Earl Bob, is considering selling his team issued medium Yo! and Shock-A-Billy, serial number Proto#2. Early was a sponsored team rider and both frame have World Cup history. The Yo! was ridden to 46th at the 1992 World Championship Downhill.

The frames can be seen in this thread on mtbr.com

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=394997

Scroll down about halfway through the first page to apost by ameybrook.

He hasn't come up with prices yet, just gauging interest if any.

Last edited:

Doug Carter

Staff member
Clicky saver...

DSCN1269.jpg

I may be interested in the Yo. Definitely the helmet, too. :D :D Now that my Yo Eddy experiment has completely exploded in the strangest turns of events, I'm back to having just the '85 and no Yo in the stable.

IF52

Here is what Earl had to say about the bike when i was e-mailing back and forth with him today:

The Yo...raced 46th in 1992 World Championship downhill, lots of world cup experience. The shock-a-billy is proto#2 serial number and also has world cup experience.. Both come with Ringle seatpost one is proto downhill thick and heavy. the other is standard production. the shock-a-billy has state of the art chain guide systems all handmade. i'll even throw in autographed Ringle catalogs with my picture

IF52

He isn't sure what to ask yet. I'm not sure he realized there was much interest in Fat frames these days. Maybe he did, but it didn't seem like it when we were e-mailing earlier. Hell, the guy makes custom high end furniture these days for crying out loud.

Anyway, he told me he was thinking about getting rid of them since he has no use for them and I mentioned I would see if any of you guys had an interest in this piece of Fat history. I don't know all the details of how Fat's team worked but from my recollection he was one of a few national sponsored versus regional. He is in a few of the later Fat catalogs. I would want to preserve them as is. That is to say I would ride them but keep them in their current clothes, know what I mean.

I'll check with him later and see what he thinks about price.

settemarche

Here is what Earl had to say about the bike when i was e-mailing back and forth with him today:

The Yo...raced 46th in 1992 World Championship downhill, lots of world cup experience. The shock-a-billy is proto#2 serial number and also has world cup experience.. Both come with Ringle seatpost one is proto downhill thick and heavy. the other is standard production. the shock-a-billy has state of the art chain guide systems all handmade. i'll even throw in autographed Ringle catalogs with my picture

IF,

expressing interest in the Shock-A Billy depending on size. e-mail or PM price when you have it.

thanks in advance,

Sette

thrashin

I'm interested in either, and the helmet too as Doug mentioned earlier. i would love to own one of these pieces of history :D

IF52

I'll let all you all know as soon as I hear back from him. I'm also waiting to hear back from him about another part I'd like to buy from him. Like I wrote, he is kind of feeling this out. If worse comes to worse they wind up on eBay, but I figured it would be nice if he offered them here first.

IF52

Earl is going to post here in a little bit, like maybe in the next few days or so. He'll let all of us know then what he is looking to get for his bikes. I will say he is interested is selling these to a collector. And he has tons of other Fat team history stuff as well. Jerseys and letterhead and the like.

So sit tight folks, we'll see what he has to say shortly

earlbob

Hey Y'all thanks for sittin tight. I'm putting together photos of everything this weekend and will post it all at once. After a couple of weeks whatever is left will go back into my box of history for a while.
The Yo has been sold
Here is a list of some of the items:
Shock-A-Billy frame with all the stuff in the picture above that's on it.
My Team Fat helmet which is also in that picture above.
T-shirts
jerseys, jackets and shorts
gloves
catalogs
Thats all I can remember is in my box of history.
Have a fun day Y'all

fat66

what size t's?

what size are the T's? Decent shape or not:D
What did the Yo bring $
all great stuff
fat66

banks

what size are the T's? Decent shape or not:D
What did the Yo bring $
all great stuff
fat66

Mark, all of these shirts are too small to fit over you beer gut.:skull:

The Arkansas Valley word through the southern spring wind is the Yo got $1755 to a collector in Japan, not including shipping, cuz the guy own his on jet!