• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Project for sale - Fat Chance Cruiser F/F

mainlyfats

I'd like to pass on this project to someone else with more time, space and energy.

It's an old Team Comp frame (serial number 024C09) that has been modified with horizontal dropouts. Plugs were machined to create that pointed-stay Fat Chance look, and the track ends were inserted - that part's pretty darn cool if you ask me.

The fork is original, but the brake bosses were ground off. As were the cable guides (except rear brake, although the rear brake bridge cable stop was also removed).

Entire bike is powder-coated black. This wasn't done particularly well. It could use a respray and some fill on the fork as well as the drive side chainstay.

A friend tried to thread the bottom bracket in the mid-90's. Bad idea - bye bye Campy tool. I ran a Mavic BB until last year when I changed it up for a Stronglight. Very nice BB. Three rides on it - it's included as well. But just so you know, you cannot run the old bearing and collar set-up on this frame anymore.

It has a Jen Green sterling silver Fat head badge. I'll throw in a seatpost and seat collar as well.

OK. So here's the deal. It's SOLD. Although of course I can't tell you what to do with it, I'd appreciate it if whoever bought it didn't just rip the headbadge off and toss it. It means a lot to me, but I just can't keep holding on to all these bikes. Again, Frame + Fork + Headbadge + BB + Seatpost and collar only.

So there you go. Think $40 or so to Canada, $75 to the States and probably $100 plus to Europe.

Anyone interested?

Attachments

• IMGP1539.JPG
    IMGP1539.JPG
    240.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

colker

Rio would make a nice home! We could negotiate visitation rights...

i know! i know! too many bikes.. and i still have to find a medium ibis mojo before anything.
otoh i have a wicked fork in case you need since the brake studs were shaved. drop me a PM in case.

IF52

Think my price is too high? ;)

I can't answer that, I'm not a expert on all things vintage. I do know the economy is in the toilet and that may have slowed interest a bit. I'm interested but I just picked up 3 frames in the past few weeks including a monster and I don't think my wife would believe me if I told her it followed me home.

I'm not sure how the serial number works out, is that a 19.5?

IF52

I know your comment about price was meant to be tongue in cheek, but in my opinion even at such a low price the frame really has some strikes against it from a collector standpoint. The frame has been heavily modded and the finish has been described as marginal. Even from a function standpoint the BB shell issue makes me pause. That said, I like the idea of it as a townie and if it is close to my size may see what I can work out.

mainlyfats

Yep

I can't answer that, I'm not a expert on all things vintage. I do know the economy is in the toilet and that may have slowed interest a bit. I'm interested but I just picked up 3 frames in the past few weeks including a monster and I don't think my wife would believe me if I told her it followed me home.

I'm not sure how the serial number works out, is that a 19.5?

19.5 c to c and 22.8 c to c top tube.

mainlyfats

The idea...

I know your comment about price was meant to be tongue in cheek, but in my opinion even at such a low price the frame really has some strikes against it from a collector standpoint. The frame has been heavily modded and the finish has been described as marginal. Even from a function standpoint the BB shell issue makes me pause. That said, I like the idea of it as a townie and if it is close to my size may see what I can work out.

... was to make more of a functional, rideable curiosity than a collectible bike.

Last edited:

IF52

absolutely, and very neat at that. I hope my comments above didn't come off as insulting or harsh. Clealry a lot of thought went into the conversion.

mainlyfats

Not at all

absolutely, and very neat at that. I hope my comments above didn't come off as insulting or harsh. Clealry a lot of thought went into the conversion.

It's my attempt at what my car-restoring father in law would call at resto-mod. Something a little different... At the time I had the work done I had two Fat mountain bikes and a Chris Chance road bike and this frame was being used as a daily commuter.

I'd always wanted a cruiser and finally thought, WWCHD (What Would Chris Have Done)?