Farewell to 45Ronin - please give thanks

settemarche

For many of us the FatCogs board is a way to connect with others around us with similar interests. This is how I came to know 45Ronin. He was looking to get back into vintage mountain bikes and became obsessed with Fat bikes like most of us here.

45Ronin was not your average guy. He was a key member of the FBI's elite hostage rescue team or HRT for short. If you heard about the dead and capture of the Boston Marathon bombers than you have seen HRT's work.

Unfortunately, bad things can happen to the best of people. 45ronin - Special Agent Stephen Shaw was a great husband, father, and in my eyes an American hero. He will truly be missed. Steve is survived by his wife, 5 year old daughter, and 18 month old son.

http://goo.gl/haAEV

Yours very humbly,

Settemarche

Last edited:

tvcreative

thanks for sharing. My interactions with him were very pleasant. RIP and thank you for a job well done in the name of our country.

kingpin75s

Thank you for sharing.

I was fortunate enough to purchase Stephen's Retrotec Half from him last fall. He seemed like a really good guy from my limited experience with him and it is very sad to hear of his passing. My thoughts are with his family.

AB

My sincerest condolences and sympathies to Stephens family and friends.

One of our true american heroes. I am grateful for his service.