1984 24" wheeled Fat Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvcreative

allow me to use one of my favorite quotes from an insanely stupid movie:

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

if the shoe feels like it fits in this case - wear it....

can we move on now?

I just like the pretty pictures on the site so I can copy...or criticize.

webby

Please don't be nice, be real, say what you want and let the mods determine if you're behaving.

Also, who cares where your info came from, it seems like you popped up out of nowhere in the past year or 2 to buy up vintage mountain bikes and repaint them and resell them at a profit, you're not a true fan or collector you're an opportunist and from what it appears, not a very good one.

Couldn't agree more

The only person ever to offer me (the holy grail of all Fat parts) an OEM rigid fork was Martin. This is after I sent him a set of Campy rims that he had been looking for to complete a build & I had a set I didn't need. Once I agreed to take the fork he insisted on throwing in a set of American Classic hubs to even the deal!

Martin is a great guy who absolutely loves vintage MT Bikes. He has certain bikes in his collection that he will not sell & yes he has made a business out of his hobby (this is what keeps it sustainable for him). He does a meticulous job at these restorations (check out the ebay auction above cited by AB & tell me it isn't georgeous!) Did you ever think that Martin's efforts may also be increasing the value & intrigue of your Fat? Martin is not the proximate cause for the shortage of Fat parts nor is he a bad guy.

Sarcasm is always welcome, but bullying is not.

Jon

Last edited:

ameybrook

! I for one appreciate Martin taking the time to photograph & share these bikes & find him to be one of the most knowledgable references for vintage MT Bikes.

Michael Farkas (whom I met & thought highly of) clearly has it out for Martin & has shown as much in the 2 write-ups of Greg's bikes & frankly I am disapointed.

Martin is a great guy who absolutely loves vintage MT Bikes.

You guys are sleeping together, right?

mkozaczek

Couldn't agree more

Let me paraphrase that for you. I'm jealous of the bikes you've been able to find and get. I'm angry that you resell some of them for a profit and I can't have them. I chose to channel that jealousy and anger at you because I have nothing better to do.

You guys are sleeping together, right?

Don't be jealous. Breakups are tough, but you'll find someone else.

This is California...what's the problem?

Damn straight!

*Man I love this multi quote feature!

MikeyNYC

LOL Fat Chance owners!

I'm glad that we could entertain you and I have achieved "Rumpfy Status" here on FatCogs :p

I posted this in another thread and I'll post it here too because I don't want Jon and Gregg and Martin lumping me in with the real bad guys of this world, you know those guys who shoot up schools and blow up marathons...

--------------------------
Jon, sir...I was not referring to the 1985 Ti bike write up and I apologize for not making that clear from the beginning, I was in fact referring to Martin's write up of the 1983 Fillet Brazed Fat Chance where he wrote on his blog:

"The components are a mixture of early Shimano Deore (probably not original) rear derailleur, Magura brake levers, Suntour Power Shift shifters and Mountech front derailleur, Avocet hubs, Shimano FC-B124 cranks and BR-MC70 brakes. Seatpost is SR Laprade and the saddle is an Avocet Touring."

THE STATEMENT IN QUESTION IS:
"early Shimano Deore (probably not original) rear derailleur"

DSC_1409.jpg

There's clearly no way that that's a part from 1983, it's easily from 1989? So of course it is NOT original, that's why I questioned his knowledge of period correct parts and that was ALL that I said to spark such Fury - I do not think that what I said was rude or crude or disrespectful and Mr. Martin's responses have been highly defensive and kind of not so nice, I think he called me an "ass" somewhere up there...I may be an ass but that's a different story...

ALSO, if Martin is such an expert and I'm such an "ass" then why does he think that these are Magura Levers? Does ANYONE see Magura Levers? I do not see Magura Levers.

DSC_1412.jpg

Peace everyone, go ride your bikes and get away from your computers. :kissyface

Status
Not open for further replies.