Wheelbuilding advice

afterbang

I purchased a set of m730/m732 wheels laced to Mavic 231s on eBay for the Yo Eddy I'm building. The seller had two sets he built up, one with a radially laced non-drive side rear. I ordered a set with a regular 3x but was shipped the wrong wheels. The seller refunded my entire purchase and let me keep the wheels which is awesome but I don't know if I should rebuild this back wheel.

If anyone could chime in with some advice of what you would do in my situation, that would be awesome. There seems to be a lot of different opinions on whether its harmful to the hub or puts out a weaker build. I can build wheels myself and spokes would cost me about 20 bucks but I would rather save that for another part if it's not going to be a big deal.

Thanks everyone.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
XT hubs aren't known for breaking at the flanges. If they were built well to begin with I would imagine you'll be fine. If it is the kind of thing that will bug you, buy some nice beer and have an evening wheel rebuild session :)

mainlyfats

XT hubs aren't known for breaking at the flanges. If they were built well to begin with I would imagine you'll be fine. If it is the kind of thing that will bug you, buy some nice beer and have an evening wheel rebuild session :)

+1 If they are built, have been ridden and are true, then you're most likely fine.