New Fat owner

Fatatious One

Finally, I landed a Wicked Fat Chance after all these years. Traded some new stuff
for the bike. The s/n is : 07279W. Can any one tell me about the year it was made?
I will get a pic up this week for all to see. Thanks

fat-tony

Staff member
Finally, I landed a Wicked Fat Chance after all these years. Traded some new stuff
for the bike. The s/n is : 07279W. Can any one tell me about the year it was made?
I will get a pic up this week for all to see. Thanks

Welcome to the family! :cool:

Fatatious One

Thanks to all of you, its really neat knowing the history of this bike. I stripped her down today. Heck of a time removing the BB Total rust, but frame is in decent shape.
Again I will get some pics up soon. Oh, and what are your thoughts on painting v. powder coat. I have a guy tellling me that the heat process used in powder coat will ruin the temper of the steel. ???

fat-tony

Staff member
Thanks to all of you, its really neat knowing the history of this bike. I stripped her down today. Heck of a time removing the BB Total rust, but frame is in decent shape.
Again I will get some pics up soon. Oh, and what are your thoughts on painting v. powder coat. I have a guy tellling me that the heat process used in powder coat will ruin the temper of the steel. ???

From what I have been told, the powdercoating temperatures (300-400 degrees) are low enough that it does hurt the steel, but someone with more technical knowledge should chime in on this.