Anyone know sbrian? Buyers beware.

ishaw

I have it on good authority that sbrian has been selling stuff on eBay under a different name, though not that different. It seems he has sold at least one item that was bought and paid for, but negative feedback left as the buyer didn't receive it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221192469600

Note the username: briansrv - coincidence?

As for the post above, I'm not sure exactly what the issue is. If someone stole your bike in the street you would be more than happy for the police or other authorities to investigate the who's, why's and ultimately get it back for you. This is the same thing, just online.

As I may have already said, this thread is merely to serve as a warning to anyone considering buying from a member of this and other classic bike forums, its not to keep an eye on someone's online profile, that has been a happy coincidence as I must say, a number of users on here and other forums have contacted me with useful information as well as uncovered other victims. As a yo eddy owner, and as the parts I did not receive were for that bike, I don't think I'm transgressing any moral or legal boundaries by posting this thread and updating it with pertinent information.

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ishaw

So after paying on the 30th December 2012, not hearing anything after the 29th Jan, I tried one last time to get in touch with sbrian, and got an instant response. I have now received a refund for the parts I did not receive. It really should not have taken an unltimatum (refund or report to the local PD) to illicit a response, but at least I can report that sbrian has come good and refunded me.

I hope the parts are not missing for ever and that they either finally arrive with me, or are returned back to sbrian. If the former transpires, i will of course let him know and pay for them.