Kona P2 on a Yo Eddy?

Retro Dude

Does anyone have any experience with a Kona P2 on a Yo? I'm looking to pick up a P2 until I get hold of an original Yo fork or afford an Inglehart.

Thanks

IF52

Does anyone have any experience with a Kona P2 on a Yo? I'm looking to pick up a P2 until I get hold of an original Yo fork or afford an Inglehart.

Thanks

I had one on my 92 Monster for a while, which was basically a budget Yo. What do you want to know?

Retro Dude

Was the ride that much different than an original Yo fork?

Right now I'm running a Tange Switchblade on a '91 Litespeed & that feels pretty good.

My choice right now is to mount a Judy SL or the Kona. I see Bikeman has a 1" steerer with a 410mm a-c distance for $70. The a-c distance looks correct for a '96 Yo.

Just looking for any pros/cons as far as ride/tire clearance/weight/etc.

Thanks for your input.

IF52

I've used them on a few bikes and like them pretty well. The only issues I have had are the crown race is 27.0 so you're kind of limited in what headset you can use, and that one of the ones I bought was somewhat out of alignment.

Other than that, they ride pretty well.

As to rigid or Judy, well, by about 93 or 94 almost every fat we sold - and we sold tons of them - left our shop with a suspension fork. In fact I bet I could probably count on both hands the number of rigid fat forks came through our shop between 93 and the end of 96 when I left.

chefmiguel

Most 93-on Fats ended up with Judys but the P2 should be fine on a Yo till you take delivery of your Igleheart fork.