Is it really a no no to repaint?

ya or nay to re coat a frame

• Total voters

High Gear

The 1985 I just found is mostly original, except the fork. It would be really nice to re powder coat this frame. I have seen some say it will rune the value of the bike. How many of you vote ya or nay to re coat?

BTW, may you all have a healthy, happy merry Christmas and New Year!

Cheers to a Great forum too!

nader

well, I think it depends on the current condition of the frame. Please show us first some pictures.

wish also happy merry Christmas.

chefmiguel

If your plan is to keep it for as long as you can and intend to ride it, I say do what makes you happy. If you plan on flipping it, I really doubt you would make any real money off it after the respray.

High Gear

well, I think it depends on the current condition of the frame. Please show us first some pictures.

wish also happy merry Christmas.

I repainted the stem and polished the frame. Got it all back together today. I will post some close-up pics tomorrow. See what you guys think. I think this bike is still sporting the original foam Grab-On grips!

High Gear

NO! ..because it still looks very nice.

If it were mine, I would leave it as is. But it's your FAT and it should please you with your desired finish. ;)

Thanks nader. I will keep it as it is. Like I said. The paint looks better after some polishing compound, and the color has grown on me. I guess this was a special order color and not a stock one. All the better for me to preserve it.