UK FAT posse RETRO ride

scant

Hi all

So, time ticks on & another retro meet is due!

meet during the 2/3october cheddar challenge race with your shinest purple ringle, oakley blades & bula hat like the mountain bike version of I love 1990 ;)
local fiend basil brush (fisher CR7) could even take us on a leisurely ride if people are interested :)

so djuc, peteMcC, oldmanbreezer,ST, yo-grant, richard ford, webby, yeti col, yetifan andy & the rest of ya dig out your retro clobber & see yee-all there ;D

my posse will probs be camping for the duration of the wkend if anyone else wants no sleep :)

Look forward to seeing all these rare hidden away FATs!

scant

hi ST
incase any1s worrying that the lack of comments make this a non starter, I've heard from a few more people who are interested. So it should be pretty cool ;)

jez

As I'm new I'll be there too!

On this or the PACE

new.jpg

Jez

Digger90

Sorry to be aa dumb schmuck but can anyone fill me in on the details as I've not heard of this event before... Where (Cheddar, I guess!), What, How, Why, etc...

Is it a general mtb race/meet weekend or is it pure Retro?

scant

http://www.cheddarchallenge.co.uk

sorry, I should have posted this link earlier!
Its a cool atmosphere 2 day, many event bike race.

its here, somerset just down the M5 from bristol: Location

So its an existing bike race, with a retro contingent. We'll be there both days for people who can only make it for the 1 day :D

Fluffbomb

Riding

What about the plan to go for a ride on the Mendips?

Any particular day more likely to ride so I can let the posse know.

I'll probably be there both days but at the moment unlikely to camp.

Fluff

scant

fluff, I'm gonna play it by ear as far as riding goes. never 100% as to whos gonna wanna ride, weather, who's gonna turn up when for the retro meet.
tempted 2 ride the s.spd just 4 kicks ;D

Beelzebub

yo' djblu, it's at a place called Cheddar, a SW England village made famous by its deep rocky gorge carved through the Mendip Hills and stalactitic caves. All very pre-history and rugged. Worth a visit if you're ever over that way.

scant

2 wks to go people! maybe I should actually build the Yo eddy up now!
;D
look forward to seeing you all there :)

any1 who want me mobile, PM me :)

ST

I'll probs be down just for the day but will have the Buck and riding gear, although I may just mince around if there's much sign of mud!

ST

Nowt about the Buck is just art but I won't be looking to add grinding paste to it for sure.

It's a real pain, I've been too busy to ride it all Summer and now the weather is turning to muck!

scant

if people have got problems getting there saturday. I've got no probs doing it all again 11am sunday morning as well.
I'll be there all wkend if people wanna hook up! :D