Marin County Fats?

fiatjeepdriver

I'm going to a friend's wedding on April 5th and figured I'd bring my fat and try to sneak a ride in on the 6th somewhere in Marin County. Any recommendations for trails or interest in a group ride?

WD Pro

I am from the UK and haven't ridden there, but have been there :)

It does look very nice and I am sure some of the locals will be along soon to offer advice - if they aren't, just ask on Retrobike ;)

In the meantime, some pics for you from my visit :

WD :)

I'm going to a friend's wedding on April 5th and figured I'd bring my fat and try to sneak a ride in on the 6th somewhere in Marin County. Any recommendations for trails or interest in a group ride?

I live in Marin & could most likely do a Fat ride + organize a handful of other Fat riders. Let me know what day works best & if you'd like to do a short or longer ride & we can plan it. Ironically I am also headed up to the Oregon coast mid-April & am debating bringing a Fat :)

Jon
415-378-5000

Ride Confirmed for April 6 morning at Tamarancho in Fairfax

April 6, AM

Kellan & I will be riding Tamarancho in Fairfax (future location of the Mountain Bike Museum) on the morning of April 6. My guess is it will be a couple hours of moderate difficulty (nothing too crazy). All are welcome to join. Bring your Fats! We will both be riding our Yo Eddy's I beleive. I will try to get 1/2 dozen or so Fat group together.

I'm looking forward to the ride. Anything I need to know about the trail before I head south?

Not really. Pretty straight forward single track riding. We will perhaps check out the Flow Trail while we are at Tamarancho? I figure a 2 hour ride & we can meet up in Fairfax at 10am to start? Tamarancho has a $5 day pass fee which can be purchased here:

http://www.sunshinebicycle.com/tamarancho/

Here is a youtube video of the Flow Trail within Tamarancho:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFeoHXDyeU8

I ususally ride this much slower & don't get much air on the jumps but it's really fun at any speed. The Flow Trail is just a 5 minute portion of our couple hour ride.

Let's plan to meet in front of Sunshine bicycles in Fairfax at 10am Sunday.

Cheers,
Jon