• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

small medium Yo Eddy 1993 for sale

fat-tony

Staff member
It is #405Y3SM, but was purchased in 1994. It is a small medium size. I am the 4th owner of the frame. It was originally teal, but I had it re-sprayed Team Violet by D&D cycles out in San Lorenzo, California. I supplied the FAT decals (I was one of the lucky ones that received them from Wendyll along with NOS anti-suck chain device and NOS seatpost gasket). D&D also re-sprayed the fork. The Rockshox Judy SL decals I had replicated by Velographics. Everything is NOS or as close to mint as I could find. It is not period correct, but close enough for my liking. It is more of a mid 90's build.

hubs: phil woods custom anodized
bottom bracket: phil woods
wheels: mavic with panaracer dart/smoke combo
8 speed sachs maillard freewheel w/ Xt thumbies utilizing ghost click
saddle: selle italia ti flite
cranks: cook bros e w/ cook bros/campy rings
pedals: shimano spd
rd & fd: XTR m900
brakes: avid tri w/ kool stops
levers: Avid ultimate
headset: chris king (no logo)
stem: ringle (1 1/8 shimmed to 1 inch)
grips: oury
bars: answer hyperlite w/ combo bar ends
seat binder: fatchance
seatpost: syncros (not period)

I have invested a lot of money into this bike ($2300) and hope to get my money back out for a new 650b custom single speed project. I know this is a lot of money, but the components are getting harder and harder to find in this condition unless you own First Flight :) At this point I am offering the complete bike and do not want to get into splitting it up just to keep things simple and test the waters. I am nervous about shipping over seas because I have been burned before with no recourse. It has not been ridden except for lightly riding up and down my neighborhood street just to feel it once in a while. It rides great! and is precise.

The serial number is no longer present due to the nice paint job. I have complete documentation that the serial number is for this bike and is Somerville built.

PM me if you have questions. I hate to part with it, but I do not need a show bike. I need another rider. If you choose to flog it, then all the better for it to do what it was meant for. I will work out shipping arrangments if it gets that far.

Peace.....................

Attachments

• fatchance 014.jpg
    fatchance 014.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 128
  • fatchance 015.jpg
    fatchance 015.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 64
  • fatchance 016.jpg
    fatchance 016.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 73
  • fatchance 017.jpg
    fatchance 017.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

colker

i would like the frame. can't afford the full bike. if you ever decide to part it.. i am in.

IF52

And if you part it, I'm interested in the f and r derailleurs, shifters and maybe the wheels.

AB

Yeah parting it out would pretty much suck. I'd suggest waiting for the right buyer and finding other things to sell. From what I've seen lately on eBay there is still no shortage of people with a lot of disposable income - even now.

fat-tony

Staff member
bump

I need to get serious about selling this. I still want to sell as a complete bike.

peace............

DC

^I love that comment, Steve! I agree, ride that thing! I understand that it is too perfect and unscarred to ride, but come on - ride it like it was built to be ridden. (Yo Eddy would want it that way) GIVE IT SINGLETRACK.

fat-tony

Staff member
^I love that comment, Steve! I agree, ride that thing! I understand that it is too perfect and unscarred to ride, but come on - ride it like it was built to be ridden. (Yo Eddy would want it that way) GIVE IT SINGLETRACK.

Understood, but I have 2 other Yo's that are medium and fit me better than this small/medium. Doesn't make sense for me to thrash at this point.

DC

Ok, that makes sense, you have two others that fit better to ride!
Bump, for a nice Yo! on the block, good luck with the sale.
She is a beauty!!!