• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Fat Ti decals on Ebay

rody

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Nope, no eBay or "outing" policies here... I think that's dumb. We all look through the same resources for the same things. :)

Wonder how much these will go for?

jbrannsten

Staff member
That is amazing.... the set was also missing the Chris signature so it was not complete. I got my Ti set for about $110 so congrats to you Rody:)

rody

A bit surprising, but look at it this way.

I bought three sets about 5 years ago for some restoration work I was doing on broken Fat Ti's and paid 90 bucks a set. I sold one set for what I paid for it and had this one for another customer who backed out, so they sat for a while.

I've NEVER seen OEM Ti decals on Ebay and the current situation with Wendyll has made sourcing decals in the US almost impossible, even for those of us trying hard to keep Fat's on the trails. More demand than product right now.

Other thoughts...

When I began making the YO repros it was because of the dismal supply of quality decals for this popular model and the need expressed from Fat Cog members. Since their inception, I've sold them for my cost to produce them, as a service for the Fat community, with the request that others not resell them for a profit or copy the artwork for personal gain. Despite those two simple requests, some folks just cannot play nice.

I'd love to make repros for every model, but there are a few factors that work against that...time, cost of stocking product, not willing to sell others intellectual property for a profit, and the current situation with Fat decal distribution...wanting to respect Wendyll's effort.

It's gonna get tougher to find the appropriate parts for our beloved bikes, hang in there folks.

cheers,

rody

AB

Despite those two simple requests, some folks just cannot play nice.

No surprise with ebay so accessible some people will do anything for money. Call it human nature or whatever .... to me it's greed.

DC

Thanks for all you do for the FAT world Rody! (and for making sweet stuff with your own signature)

bonsaii

Spite the word; I'm not quite sure that Wendyll's got OEM decals...??

What is the current situation anyway?

-bns

I've NEVER seen OEM Ti decals on Ebay and the current situation with Wendyll has made sourcing decals in the US almost impossible, even for those of us trying hard to keep Fat's on the trails. More demand than product right now.

rody

Current situation as I understand it...

The decals for Fat were produced by Gary of SSSinc for many years. Gary is a stand up guy with a big heart and runs his business the same way.

When Fat closed it's doors for the final time, no more decals were produced, however, a stock of OEM remained. Gary sold these to authorized frame refinishers in the following years to allow for restorations and repaints to continue.

This year, a German member of Fatcogs lobbied the former European importer to contact Wendyll (now working for a watersports company) to have a run of decals for all models made to expand his potential for refinishes and supply in the European market...this was the large order that peaked folks interest on the boards.

It was requested of Gary that all new decal orders for repaints and supply now go through Wendyll, so she could once again provide the product to the faithful masses. Respecting her desires, Gary will no longer provide Fat products to authorized refinishers.

Supply since this point has been a bit spotty based on information passed on to me. Some requests for product have been met in a timely manner, others have been told to contact the German importer and purchase from him.

It is my hope that all interested will be served in a positive and cooperative manner, I know it still makes me smile to see a classic bike carving up the trail.

cheers,

rody