A nice pair on Ebay

VeloMeister

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tvcreative

agreed...superfantastic without the inflated - i'm hiding in the closet - price

they will probably go for big bucks the right way

mainlyfats

That don't look like no T-Bone to me... Grove?

His looks like a bit of a hot mess... What's up with the parts spec?

The Cranks on Chevy's Bike are certainly too new (as is the front deraileur). My question is would those Cranks work on a square tapered bottom braket spindle or do you think someone threaded or altered the bottom bracket shell to accept a modern BB?

tvcreative

those are flat tapered JIS cranks...they should work right? CC is a big dude, thus the crazy stem, perhaps he broke the original cranks?

So, have we decided what models these are?

Serial # 01808 which I beleive is the bike listed as Chevy's bike on ebay is an '88 Fat Chance (formerly known as the Kicker) Size 21" & standard seat stay mounted canti-brakes. There are no special notes for this bike & it's 1 of a run of 12 identical 21" Fat Chances tacked & welded in a 3-day period in February of 1988.

Jon

RobTu

Serial # 01808 which I beleive is the bike listed as Chevy's bike on ebay is an '88 Fat Chance (formerly known as the Kicker) Size 21" & standard seat stay mounted canti-brakes. There are no special notes for this bike & it's 1 of a run of 12 identical 21" Fat Chances tacked & welded in a 3-day period in February of 1988.

Jon

Thanks Jon...love the insider information :cool:

troda

The Cranks on Chevy's Bike are certainly too new (as is the front deraileur). My question is would those Cranks work on a square tapered bottom braket spindle or do you think someone threaded or altered the bottom bracket shell to accept a modern BB?

The BB certainly looks threaded.

laffeaux

My question is would those Cranks work on a square tapered bottom braket spindle or do you think someone threaded or altered the bottom bracket shell to accept a modern BB?

Those cranks, while newer than the frame by 10 years, are not particularly modern. They're from the late '90s and definitely use a square tapered BB spindle.

Jeeves

congrats to whoever snagged the small black one. I had fantasies of snagging that one for my wife, but wasn't there on time for the bidding close!

Happy thanksgiving, all.

laffeaux

Did anyone on here win either of these? I was interested in the larger frame, but apparently less interested than the high bidder.

Did anyone on here win either of these? I was interested in the larger frame, but apparently less interested than the high bidder.

I know the gentlemen who bought both of them. He is particularly excited about Jayni's bike with the Leni Freid paintjob.since he won that one he thought the pair should stay together.

RobTu

I know the gentlemen who bought both of them. He is particularly excited about Jayni's bike with the Leni Freid paintjob.since he won that one he thought the pair should stay together.

Sounds like someone I know :cool:
That's cool that they are staying together; good on that person, whomever he is :beer: