My renovated 1990 Wicked Fat Chance!

MikeyNYC

My renovated 1990 Wicked Fat Chance-Updated Photos

The Bullseye wheelset in the orignal photos of my repainted bike didn't work out on this Wicked because I figured out that they were 130mm rear spaced, so I sold them on ebay and had a new set built up with some trusty Phil Wood (135mm rear) hubs and Velocity rims. I changed to some beefier Tommaselli brake levers and since the Cook Bros. Racing "older" school solid crank arms were hitting the front derailleur when the chain was in the big ring, I had to swap them with a set of "newer" Cook Bros. Racing RSR crank arms with the milled out back, along with a shorter bottom bracket spindle and black rings to match the spyder.

I think that this should be the final set up on this build...or at least I hope so!

Here are more current photos of what the 1990 Wicked Fat Chance now looks like:

Attachments

• WhiteWickedFat3102007016.jpg
    WhiteWickedFat3102007016.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 44
  • WhiteWickedFat3102007024.jpg
    WhiteWickedFat3102007024.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 30
  • WhiteWickedFat3102007019.jpg
    WhiteWickedFat3102007019.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 29
  • WhiteWickedFat3102007027.jpg
    WhiteWickedFat3102007027.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 31
  • WhiteWickedFat3102007029.jpg
    WhiteWickedFat3102007029.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 33

mainlyfats

Those bars...

...what are they?

Beautiful bike. Just perfect. I can't believe you've got your choice of Cook Bros. cranks and YET ANOTHER OF THOSE STEMS!

MikeyNYC

Those Bars

...what are they?

Beautiful bike. Just perfect. I can't believe you've got your choice of Cook Bros. cranks and YET ANOTHER OF THOSE STEMS!

Thanks, the bars are just cheap alloy 1.5" MTB Riser bars in a 27" width for my long ape like arms. Not necessarily period correct but comfy!

I only have 2 Cook Bros. Racing stems 1 in silver and 1 in black, but I do have something like 8 or 9 various different sets of Cook Bros Racing cranks either on my bikes or stashed in various places. There are some folks out there that have WAY more high zoot parts then I do, I just don't use any other brand of cranks, plus I also only use Phil Wood hubs on all of my bikes-I've honestly never had a problem with Cook Bros. cranks or Phil hubs in all my years of Fat ownership.

rick

white fat

Michael,

Great looking bike (no surprise there)!

Have you put any miles on it yet? How is the paint holding up?

rick

MikeyNYC

Michael,

Great looking bike (no surprise there)!

Have you put any miles on it yet? How is the paint holding up?

rick

Thanks Rick!

How are you and your huge Fat Chance collection doing?

No miles on this one yet, no excuses other then sheer laziness in addition to the issues with the wheels, brakes and cranks...But this bike is set up for riding and will be will ridden soon!

Regards,

Michael