gettin' the Yo back into shape

colker

The other main difference is stiffness. The Wicked is noticeably more supple, the Yo is more responsive/stiff but of course still has some give. Like I said, I like both.

But I'd rather race a Yo Eddy.
I would probably like the Yo on a steep, rocky technical woods environment where you need to know exactly where to place your front wheel and all the traction you can get.
The wicked is an all day, go anywhere, never get beat up.. bike. And it still has a great balance.

Last edited:

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I agree with the all-day thing. The Yo rewards more aggression....that gets tiring.

I'd say that the Wicked's balance is better when seated than otherwise, but I totally like mine.

tvcreative

Colker just needs to get his hands on a YO vs defending the Wicked all the time

I have both, and an old Yo like yours (1990 right?) is super quick but will beat the shizz out of you over a 20 mile ride. I think the stout fork has a lot to do with it. I have a grello 90 that I am super attached to (my first fat)

I have a 1990 wicked that is a good sittin bike for 20 milers

After YO's went to a longer BOI fork (post 93) they really changed a bit in my humble opinion

I have a 94 YO and a couple of 99 Saratoga Yo's that are fanflippintastic all day long riders

I swear they have extra juice in the tubes that make you go real fast...almost mystical-like ride quality.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I hear that. I have a bead on a '94 w/BOI that I hope to pick up sometime. All of my later Yo's have had front suspension.

Mine is a 91 with the stout-legged Yo Eddy fork and not the BOI. Ti bars help a bit, but fatter rubber in front might be nice to try sometime too.....

colker

Colker just needs to get his hands on a YO vs defending the Wicked all the time

I have both, and an old Yo like yours (1990 right?) is super quick but will beat the shizz out of you over a 20 mile ride. I think the stout fork has a lot to do with it. I have a grello 90 that I am super attached to (my first fat)

I have a 1990 wicked that is a good sittin bike for 20 milers

After YO's went to a longer BOI fork (post 93) they really changed a bit in my humble opinion

I have a 94 YO and a couple of 99 Saratoga Yo's that are fanflippintastic all day long riders

I swear they have extra juice in the tubes that make you go real fast...almost mystical-like ride quality.

Thing is: my Yo size is a small medium. I am extra picky about the right size and small mediums are hard to find. I could ride a medium but.. Then i no longer ride east coast type trails... that scene is gone. I need an all around 700c bike. My road bike is brutal..
Right now i am in love w/the Ibis mojo. The steel hardtail.

heyslugger

DSC_2402_zps3ed210ef.jpg

WOW this image is stunning. Great shot and Great bikes!