1991 Yo Eddy,Team Fat Chance

theredchili

I Feel somewhat guilty for not putting up a build thread for my Yo, so here it is , a 1991 Yo Eddy in Aquamarine fade.The frame has been fully restored by Rody,who has done an amazing job I'm sure your agree.

His blog on this frame here :

http://groovycycleworks.blogspot.com/2011/04/dons-yo-resto-picture-progression.html

It has taken six months so far to get where I currently am, the only major part to source is a pair of Grafton re-entry levers in blue (preferred )or black-so let me know if you have some spare :D

The path of the build is currently :

Grafton Brakes
Ringl

Attachments

• IMG_1258.jpg
    IMG_1258.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1260.jpg
    IMG_1260.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1267.jpg
    IMG_1267.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2060.jpg
    IMG_2060.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

theredchili

After many months and three other Fats built or in build, this is my parts bin to date,If only i built one at a time i would have finished it by now !!!

I gave up trying to find 1" King torquoise headset, again if you have a spare one, please get in touch

Attachments

• IMG_1386.jpg
    IMG_1386.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2056.jpg
    IMG_2056.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 20

WVEddy

After many months and three other Fats built or in build, this is my parts bin to date,If only i built one at a time i would have finished it by now !!!

I gave up trying to find 1" King torquoise headset, again if you have a spare one, please get in touch

I have a set of blue profile chain rings that would look sweet on that. I think it is a 48 and a 36.

theredchili

I have a set of blue profile chain rings that would look sweet on that. I think it is a 48 and a 36.

Thanks for the offer, but think i'm going silver with the rings, though if you have any Blue Grafton re-entry levers, I'm listening :cool:

rmp

Is that the original fork or did Rody build you one?

How long from start to finish? He's pretty busy these days!

theredchili

Is that the original fork or did Rody build you one?

How long from start to finish? He's pretty busy these days!

The fork was actually started by Igleheart and finished by Rody ,so quite rare guess !!

I brought the forks with the Frame, so couldn't tell you current lead-times @ Groovy,though some bars I recently had made took almost three months !

chainline

The sad truth Is, Rody is so busy he stopped making just forks.He will build a matching F/F. I called to have him build me One of his box crowns a few months ago.Just to dang busy.So at some point I'm just going to have to pony Up !!!!hahahahah

rmp

Cool. Did Rody add the stress tabs to the back of the Igle fork? My fork from Chris doesn't have then, and I didn't see them on most of the segmented forks in his gallery.

theredchili

Cool. Did Rody add the stress tabs to the back of the Igle fork? My fork from Chris doesn't have then, and I didn't see them on most of the segmented forks in his gallery.

Some more detailed pic of the forks, are the stress tabs these ?

Attachments

• IMG_2062.jpg
    IMG_2062.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2063.jpg
    IMG_2063.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2064.jpg
    IMG_2064.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 15

Fiandaca

The restoration link is awesome. So cool to see Rody's work in progression, and what the frame initially looked like! Yikes - what a beater!!