Wicked Fast

DC

I am loving the splatter Wicked more than I ever dreamed. This bike is just so smooth and zippy. It reminds me of a B-stone XO-1, with a proper dose of supreme Fatness!

The build is pretty utilitarian, mostly 550 series Deore LX, Nitto Moustache bars.
Getting the bars high enough can be tough to do with the Moustaches so I had to go with an ugly Dimension quill adapter and Salsa Moto Ace tall and short threadless stem. The result is perfect for my upper body and center of gravity. It rails!

Here are a few pics: (DC is not a great photographer!)

Attachments

• W1.jpg
    W1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 80
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 45
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 32
  • w4.jpg
    w4.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

colker

I am loving the splatter Wicked more than I ever dreamed. This bike is just so smooth and zippy. It reminds me of a B-stone XO-1, with a proper dose of supreme Fatness!

The build is pretty utilitarian, mostly 550 series Deore LX, Nitto Moustache bars.
Getting the bars high enough can be tough to do with the Moustaches so I had to go with an ugly Dimension quill adapter and Salsa Moto Ace tall and short threadless stem. The result is perfect for my upper body and center of gravity. It rails!

Here are a few pics: (DC is not a great photographer!)

DC... look for a sakae dirt drop stem on ebay. cheaper than nitto, extension is 110mm which is longer too but quill is slightly short. it could work.
i bought one for a drop bar project and i love the looks of it.

DC

Thanks guys!

I was planning on using one of the Sakae dirt drop style stems (i have 2) but the quill just wasn't long enough to get the bars up there for my beer gut. One of Rody's LD stems might be sweet once I am certain of the position($$$).
Cheers,
DC

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
It's more $$ than a Sakae (tho less than Rodys) but the Nitto Dirt Drop has tons of quill extension and if I recall comes in 80 or 100mm lengths. I wish it came in black.....

DC

The things that keep me up at night

A00718W
What the heck is that "A" in the serial number for??? First Flight's F'N Fat Chance ser # is one prior (00708W). Liquid car wax to make it show up better:

Attachments

• A00718W.jpg
    A00718W.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 8