Xtr m950

jpicard616

Does anyone have a set of XTR M950 shifter pods and or brake levers that they would be interested in selling? Mine were stolen right off my bike a few days ago, when I foolishly left it locked it up outside for more than five minutes.

I hope there's a special place in hell for bike thieves.

fat-tony

Staff member
They took these right off your bike? I have never heard of such? Seats and wheel sets, yes, but never shifter / brake levers! That sucks. Sorry dude. Did this happen in The Ham?

jpicard616

It happened in Montana, which isn't nearly as bad as B'ham for bike theft (though I love that city none the less). I locked it outside of a friends apartment for an hour or so, and when I left to retrieve it the cables had been cut, the stem face plate removed, and everything attached to the bars were stolen.

It's a major bummer, but thankfully I didn't lose any really difficult to replace parts.

fat-tony

Staff member
I guess vintage parts are now the new bling. Still sorry to hear. Look me up whenever you are back south and we'll head out for a ride at Oak Mt.

afterbang

...at least he was nice enough to leave your handlebar?? that is absolutely ridiculous.

i have heaps of boxes with old bike parts, including some XTR stuff. I'll look around, I may just have brakes and levers but it's been a while since I've gone through all of it.

jpicard616

No, the handlebar, shifters/levers, and grips were all taken. I really appreciate you looking through your stuff though.

jpicard616

Ok, so I was able to get a new (to me) set on ebay, but the right shifter is having issues downshifting from the middle gear... and by "having issues" I mean isn't working at all. I tried removing the three screws that hold the bottom plate in place, but the thumb lever is preventing me from completely removing it and being able to poke around. Does anyone know what my problem might be, or how to properly take this thing apart without destroying it? Should I just return the set and look for something else?

chevron

I had the exact same issue with a set I also just bought .My lbs managed to squirt lube into it and that fixed it ,without taking it apart .Hope that helps you also.