Groovy cycles Luv handles

theredchili

Wanted , as above a pair of groovy cycles Luv handles , any type considered
Any thanks

NOW SOURCED, many thanks

Last edited:

theredchili

Good luck in your search! They are sweet bars.

Cheers Nate ,

I brought a new pair for the Monster initially , then sold them on when I decided to fit Fat bars :( really want some for my grello now

Looks like it could be another three month wait if I cannot find a used pair

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Indeed. It is at least some solace that despite his crazy wait list Rody still does regular rounds of the bars....

IF52

how wide do they have to be? I have a Luv that I used for a while on my old IF, but I cut them down to 26" IIRC.

IF52

26" is too narrow for my taste these days, which is why I'm willing to part with them. The bars on my contemporary bikes are over 27" wide.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I've read about this wide bar thing.....but I am coming up from 23" so they feel super roomy :)

IF52

Yeah, I was kind of skeptical about wide bars until I started using them. On all my vintage bikes I was rolling with bars no wider than ~24" with 120-135mm stems, but I added a 29er a few years ago and figured I try the wide bar thing. 26" at first with a 100mm stem. Since the top tube is over an inch longer on the bike than my old XL Yo, the combo put me in a really good position on the bike.

Current 29ers are 27.5" bars and 90 and 100mm stem and my 650b is 100mm stem and ~27.5" bar. I don't clip any trees, but I wouldn't go any wider either.

theredchili

Yeah, I was kind of skeptical about wide bars until I started using them. On all my vintage bikes I was rolling with bars no wider than ~24" with 120-135mm stems, but I added a 29er a few years ago and figured I try the wide bar thing. 26" at first with a 100mm stem. Since the top tube is over an inch longer on the bike than my old XL Yo, the combo put me in a really good position on the bike.

Current 29ers are 27.5" bars and 90 and 100mm stem and my 650b is 100mm stem and ~27.5" bar. I don't clip any trees, but I wouldn't go any wider either.

I will have a measure up tomorrow and get back to you ASAP, sure 26@ will be fine

Pm coming your way

Thanks

tvcreative

I would love to try some luv's

In my opinion, bar preference is like pizza preference...everyone has their own take. I like bars with a fair sweep around 24 to 26 inches. I will tell you my new favorite modern flat bar is a duraflite 31.8 carbon syntace 580mm wide and 8 degree sweep....mmm oh so good.

IF52

I think it really depends a lot on anatomy of the individual. I like the Luvs, but the sweep is too much for my wrists depending on how high I have them positioned. I'm 6'-5" with wide-ish shoulders. My hands in a natural position on the bars don't angle back enough a 26" wide bar to benefit from a 21.5 degree sweep. I have to bring my elbows in quite a bit to make that work and that just isn't comfortable for me.

For me, on my old IF the front end was too low and I couldn't get the bars up high enough for comfort. On a 29er they were OK, but I still prefer a bar with less sweep.