Old Fat Chance catalogues

Beelzebub

Is there anywhere I can download old Fat Chance catalogues? I want to add my frame (a Yo) to the registry and can't work out if it's a '95 or '96. In the year I bought it I remember the then current Fat Chance catalogue had a Chameleon Metallica Yo Eddy on a kind of black square grid background - all the bikes in the catalogue were the same - but like a fool I got rid of the catalogue, which at the moment has me stumped.

Thanks for any help, guys.

Tom.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Fat Chance Catalogs

They are PDF format, and I can't always get them all to work correctly on my end. Some function on the Mac and some don't, though I have looked at all of them on my wife's PC running Linux.

Sounds like you are talking about the '96 catalog, though.

d

Beelzebub

Grrr...got a Mac and they won't download.

Doug, any chance you could email the Yo Eddy page from the '96 catalogue? Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure my frame was bought then, although the serial number doesn't comply with the year (YO L 2044- isn't the last digit supposed to represent the date it was made?). All very confusing. Maybe it was built before the move and sprayed at the new factory...

Thanks for the help anyway,

Tom.

Yo Eddy!

It is very likely that the brochure you are pointing at is indeed the 1996 brochure.

According to your frameno. I should say it is from

rick

serial numbers...

in my experience, the later serial numbers were more concerned with model and size than they were with year of manufacture.
In any case, the serial numbers are often somewhat cryptic.

Beelzebub

Melvin,

the frame has a Saratoga label, which could well mean it's a '94. This also seems logical bearing in mind the serial number.

I had a Buck Shaver (sold to Stuart, member No. 28) with the same label and which has a 1" head tube. My Yo has a 1 & 1/8" headtube. 1994 seems a bit early for 1 & 1/8 headtubes - didn't they come later on?

It could well be as Rick suggests and the number has some other reference.

The confusion continues...

Beelzebub

Shouldn't there be some kind of Fat Chance factory documentation somewhere where each frame number has a corresponding model and date?

Maybe Chris Chance has this, or someone from IF?

Yo Eddy!

Tom,

With >94 I intended to mean years later than... and not older than... So cause your bike is from Saratoga it is very unlikely that your bike is from

Beelzebub

Thanks for the clarification, Melvin.

I'm ashamed to say I don't even know when they made the move to Saratoga (head bowed in shame), but it seems likely I'm probably looking at '96 as it's true age.

rick

serial numbers etc...

the move to NY was made in late 94
Wendyll is the keeper of all info related to serial numbers, she has been very helpful over the years.
I doubt very much that they expected anyone to be concerned with such things 10-15 years after the fact, hence it was probably not a high priority compared to making frames.

VTwoods

My Yo is # YOM2042. The color scheme and custom painted rock shock (no longer on the bike) is identical to the Yo pictured in the 1996 catalouge. That is a great link, thanks. The headset is 1 1/8". I always figured it was built in in 1998, but maybe it was 1996. I bought her used in 1999.

What was the last year they built frames?