Yo Frame prices

mkozaczek

I've been looking around at Fat prices as of late and am wondering if there is a consensus for what used Yo's are worth these days, with the Yo fork of course.

I've seen some used ones around here for around $700-1000, and some seemingly nice ones on eBay in the $2000-3000.

What is a fair price range for a really nice Yo frame set and for a used but loved one?

Any NOS frames floating around?

fat-tony

Staff member
Prices are all over the place. It all depends on if you are looking for a rider or a garage queen. Those prices I see on ebay don't add up. Keep your eyes here on Fatcogs in the classified section. Most folks here like to keep the FATS in the family which is a good thing. :cool:

mkozaczek

How do prices of repainted frames compare to non-repainted frames?

I know among my Klein friends repainted might as well be crap and an original one is the bees knees regardless of the condition (to some extent of course).

AB

Is this really that difficult? Think in terms of collectible automobiles - same principles and pricing trends apply.

Also it's only worth what the current market will bare. Watch the market and draw your own conclusions, but let the buyer beware. That Monster on ebay was a good example.

mainlyfats

How do prices of repainted frames compare to non-repainted frames?

I know among my Klein friends repainted might as well be crap and an original one is the bees knees regardless of the condition (to some extent of course).

I'm of the opinion that there are almost no genuine investment-grade mountain bikes. If the brand and its history speak to you, you should buy. If not, move on to another of your interests.

I've seen - and sold - restored Fats that fetch good prices. I've seen immaculate, museum quality bikes discounted again and again until they're sold for a fraction of their value.

No passion = no deal. Don't go there if the love isn't strong; it's a guarantee you'll never be disappointed on exit.

vintagerider

Monster

That Monster on ebay was a good example.

Are you referring to the frame only that ended the other day?

19 bids and $1302 ending price!!!!!:eek:

That seemed to be kind of extreme (although it could have been a Wicked frame)

Even so....wow!

There was also a recent Yo fork (kind of rough conditon) that went for almost $400 w/ 16 bids.

tvcreative

pay the freight

I think it's nuts, but I did bid on that fork - 325 was my max...(and I was kickin myself at that)

Igleheart would charge up to 400 for a new one....so is it relative to pay for an original in pretty good shape?

Who knows....

I will fess up and admit I bought the disc yo on this site for 1100 plus brakes in the spring....

WHAT A BIKE! it was worth every scheckle

there must be secret mojo in the tubes...

Attachments

• yo disc.jpg
    yo disc.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 38
  • yo disc 2.jpg
    yo disc 2.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 26

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Forks are all over the place, but usually at least $250.

Frames can be anywhere from $250 to too high. I think the most one of mine made was $700, frame only.

Frame + fork, $700-$1200 is the range I've seen. Like others have said, it really depends on condition. All told, a beat up frame and fork resprayed and redecaled could end up costing as much (maybe more) as one with nice original paint. And it is also worth mentioning that you can often find a complete bike in that range too (sometimes higher if it is nicely kitted out).

That Monster was very sweet, but I was surprised by how high it went. Makes me want to sell one ;)

WVEddy

I think it's nuts, but I did bid on that fork - 325 was my max...(and I was kickin myself at that)

Igleheart would charge up to 400 for a new one....so is it relative to pay for an original in pretty good shape?

Who knows....

I will fess up and admit I bought the disc yo on this site for 1100 plus brakes in the spring....

WHAT A BIKE! it was worth every scheckle

there must be secret mojo in the tubes...

This is a nice ride. I toyed with putting disc tabs on mine during the rebuild. Glad I did not, but it would have cool and easier to buy wheels.

tvcreative

I wouldn't braze on anything to an original bike...unless it was one that I had no intention of building period correct....

Mine came from the factory this way,(with goofy disc mounts on the chainstay) and is set up for an 80mm fork....this was one of the last bikes out of saratoga...so i felt it was rare.

I have a serotta odile, from 2004, that rides very similar, so I had no hesitation paying what i did, for what was essentially a new and rare YO.

Attachments

• disc tab yo.jpg
    disc tab yo.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 44

joshbot

There was also a recent Yo fork (kind of rough conditon) that went for almost $400 w/ 16 bids.

I got it. Not sure why I bid so high ($381), heat of the moment I guess? It's an original fork to (sort of) match my 91 Yo so it was worth it to me to have the bike back to essentially original. Especially since I only paid $350 for the the bike in the first place. I figure I got a super deal on the bike and a not-so-great deal on the fork so it evens out. Altogether the bike cost me $731 + shipping.

In the end rationality has nothing to do with it, of course. :redface: But I sure love my bike!

Attachments

• fat_chance_yo_eddy_91.jpg
    fat_chance_yo_eddy_91.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 21

pwedy

I was bidding on the PINK Monster/frame and fork on eBay recently...it was in mint condition...I fell asleep during the final 15 minutes and lost out, it went for $995.00 I think...and Im still kinda of piste off that I lost...I would have bid up to $1100.00

tvcreative

be happy

someone in the fatcog realm bought it...

I will let them wave the flag when they build it...

huge money, cool bike

Retro Dude

Any NOS frames floating around?

Yes - NOS Fats are out there. I just picked up two Yo's, went to the lbs asking about a rigid fork & they showed me two NOS Yo Eddy's. Bought one on the spot will go back next week to get the other. Now I've got two great winter projects.