Need to confirm BB collar size

N10S

I need to confirm the retaining collar size(inner diameter) for a wicked pressed-in BB spindle. I know Action Tec sells collars, but when I talked to Russ at ActionTec today, he said that I should check to see if the spindle is 16mm or 17mm. According to Russ, his collars are 17mm, and he wasn't sure if they would work. That said I have done searches on this forum, and noted folks saying that the action tec spindle collars "do" work. Can anyone confirm for me before I order?

Thanks for any info that can be provided!

Jeff :D

mainlyfats

Assuming you've got the original spindle...

It should be 16mm - at least the one I'm holding in my hand and measuring with calipers right now is.

Maybe the Phil Wood replacements are closer to 17mm.

N10S

It should be 16mm - at least the one I'm holding in my hand and measuring with calipers right now is.

Maybe the Phil Wood replacements are closer to 17mm.

mainlyfats,

Thanks for going to the effort of checking the size with calipers, I do sincerely appreciate it. I am down in NM and my bike frame and spindle are both up in Missouri making it near impossible to check. The spindle is original as are the NOS bearings, so I guess I either throw caution to the wind and just buy a set of the Action Tec collars, or I have my neighbor who is a machinist make me a set in the proper 16mm size.

According to Russ at Action Tec, their spindles and collars are both 17mm. Its a bit confusing because I have read posts on here with people saying that they are using the Action Tec collars, but now I am a little uncertain. If anyone is reading this post that does actually use the Action Tec collars, or knows more about the fit or lack of fit please chime in.

Thanks again!

Jeff

N10S

Well, I am talking with my machinist friend and will probably just get a set of 16mm spindle collars made. I haven't gotten pricing from him yet, but if anyone would be interested I may be able to get more than one set made, but would need to run it by the guy. PM me if you are interested.

N10S

Well, I am talking with my machinist friend and will probably just get a set of 16mm spindle collars made. I haven't gotten pricing from him yet, but if anyone would be interested I may be able to get more than one set made, but would need to run it by the guy. PM me if you are interested.

Rody just clued me in that these collars have already been fabbed-up and available for sale through FatCogs. Sorry for beating a dead horse..you guys should have cut me short earlier!;)

Thanks again

Jeff