NEED HELP IDing & Pricing This Bike

fmenezes

I bought this bike in late 1980's from a bike mechanic in East Providence, RI. He had just powder coated the frame flat black, and rebuilt it with Shimano Deore derailleurs. I'm not sure of year since serial numbers are not visible on BB. Plan to sell it as I moved to a 3rd floor condo with no elevator and bought a lighter road bike that is easier to tote (I'm 71). Any help you can provide to help me sell this is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCF0933.JPG
    DSCF0933.JPG
    360.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCF0934.JPG
    DSCF0934.JPG
    405.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF0935.JPG
    DSCF0935.JPG
    380.1 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF0936.JPG
    DSCF0936.JPG
    373.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0937.JPG
    DSCF0937.JPG
    299.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0938.JPG
    DSCF0938.JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF0939.JPG
    DSCF0939.JPG
    316.1 KB · Views: 42

fmenezes

Thanks!!

Looks like a 21" 1985 Kicker - just before my time
Scott

Thanks much for reply to my inquiry. I'm not very knowlegable about Fat City bikes so please bear with me.

What does "Kicker" mean? How do I verify it's 21"? Any guess what bike is worth and is fat cogs classifieds a good place to sell?

mainlyfats

Thanks much for reply to my inquiry. I'm not very knowlegable about Fat City bikes so please bear with me.

What does "Kicker" mean? How do I verify it's 21"? Any guess what bike is worth and is fat cogs classifieds a good place to sell?

Measuring from the centre of the bottom bracket spindle to the centre of the top tube along the seat tube will confirm the size. Calling it a mid-late 80's bike is good enough - it probably doesn't need more precision than that in an ad.

Kicker is the model name. It used a basic tubeset and you can tell it from the more competition oriented frame by the braze-ons for fenders/racks.

In that kind of condition, I think you could probably expect $200-$250 (less if those zip ties mean that the rear brake cable stops are busted). I'd suggest your local Craigslist or Kijiji to avoid the cost and hassle of packing/posting.

Good luck with the sale. Happy cycling!

fmenezes

Thanks!

Measuring from the centre of the bottom bracket spindle to the centre of the top tube along the seat tube will confirm the size. Calling it a mid-late 80's bike is good enough - it probably doesn't need more precision than that in an ad.

Kicker is the model name. It used a basic tubeset and you can tell it from the more competition oriented frame by the braze-ons for fenders/racks.

In that kind of condition, I think you could probably expect $200-$250 (less if those zip ties mean that the rear brake cable stops are busted). I'd suggest your local Craigslist or Kijiji to avoid the cost and hassle of packing/posting.

Good luck with the sale. Happy cycling!

Thanks for the great explanation and good wishes. Bike measures 19". No, cable stops are still there, just not being used. I'll be posting craigslist soon.