Canti studs for a 93 Yo fork

John

Administrator
Staff member
Just managed to shear one of the front canti studs on my 1993 Yo Eddy fork whilst tightening it up. Fortunately I managed to get the remainder out of the fork (one snapped drill bit, one slight scratch to the fork and a good deal of cursing later).
Perhaps even more fortunately after trying about 4 canti studs off various forks and frames in the garage I found the studs off an old set of Cannondale Pepperoni forks fitted a treat. Although it seems unlikely I'm going to be needing the Pepperonis anytime soon (they've been unused since I bought a set of Manitou 3s in 1994) I'd like to get a replacement set of studs anyhow. Anybody have an idea of the size and where I might get them from? I'll try the LBS tomorrow but don't hold much hope.

marc

rutteger said:
Just managed to shear one of the front canti studs on my 1993 Yo Eddy fork whilst tightening it up. Fortunately I managed to get the remainder out of the fork (one snapped drill bit, one slight scratch to the fork and a good deal of cursing later).
Perhaps even more fortunately after trying about 4 canti studs off various forks and frames in the garage I found the studs off an old set of Cannondale Pepperoni forks fitted a treat. Although it seems unlikely I'm going to be needing the Pepperonis anytime soon (they've been unused since I bought a set of Manitou 3s in 1994) I'd like to get a replacement set of studs anyhow. Anybody have an idea of the size and where I might get them from? I'll try the LBS tomorrow but don't hold much hope.

the older cannondale studs will fit, thread size is 5/16". they are still available, order them from your local c'dale dealer.

i've ordered a few sets some months ago, it will cost around 4 EURO/stud - not cheap but worth the money. i also had tried to get a set from wendyll but it took about 4 months and finally the wrong size of studs arrived (M10 for the newer fat frames instead of the 5/16")