Yo Eddy colours and pricing

jonrock72

Hi,
Can someone guide me in the right direction for the colour codes for these colours if there are any?
Also what sort value is put on one of these in Pristine or well used condition
Regards

colker

best way to find out is ebay it and see how much it gathers....
meaning there is no value. the less value financial but more emotional, fun, soulfull value the better.

IF52

What is going on with the market right now? A friend of mine just bought that small 91 Yo! that was on eBay. Cook E cranks, M900 XTR driveline, White front hub Judy Ti fork and really, really clean for like 1200. It seems like a good price to me but he didn't even have to fight to get it, no other bids. Heck that was nearly the price new of just the frame back when we were selling them. And bushpig's 10th Anniversarywent lower than I expected too. Is the economy nose dive killing interest in all things bikes and specifically Fats right now? I don't think I've gotten into a bidding battle on anything in months.

AB

Well, that's not what I've seen. I recently tried to bid on a 1992 catalog and was outbid in the last few seconds. Winning bid was $82.00! I was also outbid on a Ti Ibis frame. I didn't see that 1991 small Yo.

IF52

Well, that's not what I've seen. I recently tried to bid on a 1992 catalog and was outbid in the last few seconds. Winning bid was $82.00! I was also outbid on a Ti Ibis frame. I didn't see that 1991 small Yo.

Yeah, I guess it is weird that way. That small Yo! was actually listed 2 weeks ago, and nobody bid on it, then it was listed again with a lower opening bid and my friend put in the only bid and got it for the opening price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fat-City-Cycles...ryZ98083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But then you see goofy stuff like Jamis Dragons or oddball brake sets going into bidding battles. What's that all about.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

jbrannsten

Staff member
When the seller states that he will not ship outside the US I believe he rules out quite a few potential buyers. BTW: Can anyone tell me why so many people on the bay don't ship internationally? I really don't see the problem as long as the buyer pays for shipping.

IF52

When the seller states that he will not ship outside the US I believe he rules out quite a few potential buyers. BTW: Can anyone tell me why so many people on the bay don't ship internationally? I really don't see the problem as long as the buyer pays for shipping.

I guess the expense and hassle. Plus you get people who want you to lie about the value of the item in the box so they don't have to pay as much for duties, etc. I was getting rid of a bunch of car parts for instance and a guy just up in Canada, not even over seas, said he would take some and could I ship UPS. So I did and declared a low but reasonable value so it could be insured. UPS tries to deliver with all the duties and taxes or whatever due and the guy refuses the package and then asks me if I can send it to him again this time via the postal service and with a really low value. To his credit he did pay for ALL of the shipping, but after that I generally refuse to send anything of much value internationally.

Another time before that I shipped a small box, maybe the size of a fork box, to Latvia and it was like $50.00 to ship it there. It would have been maybe 8 or 10 dollars to ship it anyplace in the US. That keeps some international bidders from bidding.

Also, depending on how you send packages or more specifically if you send them as cheaply as possible, you can't track them once they leave the US. Last thing I want is for some A hole to claim he never got the package and start asking for his money back.

colker

I guess the expense and hassle. Plus you get people who want you to lie about the value of the item in the box so they don't have to pay as much for duties, etc. I was getting rid of a bunch of car parts for instance and a guy just up in Canada, not even over seas, said he would take some and could I ship UPS. So I did and declared a low but reasonable value so it could be insured. UPS tries to deliver with all the duties and taxes or whatever due and the guy refuses the package and then asks me if I can send it to him again this time via the postal service and with a really low value. To his credit he did pay for ALL of the shipping, but after that I generally refuse to send anything of much value internationally.

Another time before that I shipped a small box, maybe the size of a fork box, to Latvia and it was like $50.00 to ship it there. It would have been maybe 8 or 10 dollars to ship it anyplace in the US. That keeps some international bidders from bidding.

Also, depending on how you send packages or more specifically if you send them as cheaply as possible, you can't track them once they leave the US. Last thing I want is for some A hole to claim he never got the package and start asking for his money back.

i am on the international side of it. i have sent stuff to NZ and i buy a lot from the US. sometimes it takes long. sometimes i pay a lot of duty. i don't mind. idon't act pissed off and i don't get pissed off. too bad if some people scr#w this up cause the only way for me to have access to vintage MTB parts involves international shipping. i have been happy w/it ... i try to remember it's a hobby, not a job so there is no need to be annoyed.

eyemfat

Those of you that have shipped internationally, what is the best way? I am going to put my Yo Eddie on the selling block. I don't care what country the person lives in as long it goes to a good home.

Steve

IF52

Those of you that have shipped internationally, what is the best way? I am going to put my Yo Eddie on the selling block. I don't care what country the person lives in as long it goes to a good home.

Steve

I've ordered more from Europe than sent to Europe or anywhere else, but in my experience the postal service works well. Good rates and they don't monkey around with brokerage fees and what not. I've ordered a lot of parts for my old car and bikes from the UK and it is pretty reasonable and rather quick when they are shipped Royal mail. UPS sticks their hands in with brokerage fees and stuff and it can get really pricey but I thought their tracking was better.

When I worked at the shop we would send bicycle to Europe or Australia on airlines as freight, but that was 10 or 15 years ago and I am not sure how that works now and how much it would cost today.

DHL or Fedex might be an option. I think DHL is the largest shipper in the RoW and their pricing may be better than UPS.