Saddle of choice?

I want to switch to a different saddle. There are a few that I had in mind... I want to keep that race look however.

Selle italia Flite
Selle italia SLR gel
Brooks
SDG
Selle italia Fluid
San Marco

I've read reviews on the net, but not all that helpfull.
What do you ride, and how is it? Comments, suggestions...

Fatty

Last edited:

BillyD

currently riding a brooks. Really like it.

I use to get pains in my assbones form cheap saddles. I have a flight ti, but i haven't ridden it in so long i forgot how it felt.

visitor

I use only Selle italia Flite on my bikes. I thought about looking at some other saddles but why mess with something that works, eh? I have a flite that is 14 years old and smooth as butter on my bottom. Just bought another, which is sitting in a box waiting for my FAT to come back from the paint shop.

-Vis

mainlyfats

Titec

Am I the only ass that fits Titec Berserkr? Tis for the light bikes, dhs for the mtbs. Is this the greatest secret in the saddle world?

ridefat

saddle fit

I've had this conversation tons of times and have come to the conclusion that saddles are very 'butt specific'. Any said saddle that might be comfy to you may be hated by another. With that in mind I'd at least give you some noteworthy points on this. First, I agree that you'd be wasting time with a cheap one. Full leather is a MUST. You may even want to consider a Brooks but I know they take quite a while to break in over others. I've had good experiences on all sorts of brands, but not every model within the brand. However, I will say that I've had really good luck with WTB saddles across the board - never found one that I didn't like. I chalk that up to believing the designer of their saddles must have a tail (or sit bones) similar to mine! Who knows. Good luck to you!

Yo Eddy!

butt specific, but the looks aren't:

YoEddySwift600.jpg

Mine is still comfortable like made out of wood, but after some break in period they are said to be (by many) superior.